cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to access modem (openreach) logs and admin?

dcdc
Grafter

How to access modem (openreach) logs and admin?

Am seeing constantly dropped connections from the router (Wifi or network not sure). Have changed routers (now netgear) and still same thing. 

I can see the logs in the netgear router manually (let me know if anyone knows a way to curl the logs, can send via email) but I would like to see if anything is reported on the modem.

Isn't there some modem login? Have tried numerous usual LAN IP already but no luck.

4 REPLIES 4
Baldrick1
Fixes: 418

Re: How to access modem (openreach) logs and admin?

From your description I assume that you have a seperate modem. This should either be an ECI or Huawei device. You can log into these and get basic data (192.168.1.1)  but they are pretty well locked down by BT. There's nothing else that you can do with the ECI device without modifying the electronics but the Huawei modems can be easily unlocked. See here.  https://kitz.co.uk/routers/hg612hacking.htm you can then run a logging programme.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

dcdc
Grafter

Yeah, it's an ECI modem. Sneaky. Was trying to find out if BT was running there FON stuff on plusnet devices as well ... maybe someone knows who hits this thread.

Baldrick1
Fixes: 418

@dcdc wrote:

Yeah, it's an ECI modem. Sneaky. Was trying to find out if BT was running there FON stuff on plusnet devices as well ... maybe someone knows who hits this thread.

Sorry, no free FON service with a Plusnet account. You can always buy a HG612 model 3B for very little money on Ebay and unlock it.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

dcdc
Grafter

Not looking for "free" ... was *worried* BT was riding my network.