Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How's my connection ?

Kremmen
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 5

How's my connection ?

I'm seeing my net connection drop for about 30 seconds a few times a day. What I don't know is whether it's the router, modem or something else.
Unfortunately I'm one of the ones affected by not being able to get to the router homepage without rebooting it. Of course doing that starts my uptime from zero again so I can't see my uptime myself.
Am I showing daily PN disconnects ?
If not then I think a better router may be a good move after all.
Let's be careful out there !
3 REPLIES 3
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: How's my connection ?

We've not seen any disconnections for 10 days on your line. Drops of 30 seconds or more would likely register on there, so it's possibly on your internal LAN/wireless that's disconnecting.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Kremmen
Aspiring Pro

Thanks Chris
Just had another brief disconnect at 10:15 for 30 secs. Both cat6 direct into the router (PC) and a wifi tablet both lose net access during this time. Just got off the phone with support and I've got a few ideas. Main thing is my connection to you is AOK.
Being as I can't get into the router homepage I can't check any logs. I'm wondering if running RouterStatsLite would show anything useful my end ?
Kremmen
Aspiring Pro

My local Maplin has some Asus RT-N66U's in stock so I'm going to replace the PN router today and simplify my internal Powerline network.
All done, that was a breeze, let's see how the Asus gets on  Smiley