cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long to speed upgrade

duke8955
Dabbler

How long to speed upgrade

Hello, we have upgraded from 37mb to top fibre plus, it was due to happen today, I’ve rebooted the modem, but still on the slower speed.

When is it likely to happen.

Many thanks in advance.
39 REPLIES 39
duke8955
Dabbler

Re: How long to speed upgrade

Still no speed increase, could someone from Plusnet please please answer the question, thanks. 

Thrall
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 23

Go to the help assistant at https://portal.plus.net/wizard/ and have a look through the open and closed tickets. Any indication of an upgrade date?

ecrTech
Grafter

@duke8955 

it will go even slower now, PlusNet use to be brilliant but not any more.

duke8955
Dabbler

Thank you, I will do that. If anyone has been through the process I would be grateful of an estimate of how long is likely to take. Smiley
Thrall
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 23

Upgrading from basic fibre to fibre extra takes 1 working day so something’s probably gone wrong. 

Does your account show you’re on fibre extra now?

ChrisKent
Hooked

I'm in the same position - from what I was told on the phone on Tuesday the upgrade to Fibre Extra should have happened on Wednesday but there's no sign of anything happening yet. It's rather irritating as I also ordered a change of telephone plan which won't take effect until the broadband upgrade has gone through. Even more irritatingly the new services are showing on yesterday's bill but I'm not receiving the benefit.

Giving the tickets relating to the upgrade and change of plan a kick this morning hasn't provoked a response. 

duke8955
Dabbler

So basically we have to wait, I’m extremely disappointed not one from plusnet has replied to me on this forum to offer any information?
BD
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 86

Hi @ChrisKent, thanks for getting in touch and I'm sorry to hear your latest re-contract doesn't sound to have gone so smoothly. I've looked into both your upgrade in product and call change query and although I can't confirming my findings via this support channel I've updated a ticket on your account I'll be personally monitoring moving forwards to help correct this for you which can be seen here.

BD
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 86

Hi @duke8955, thanks for getting in touch and I'm sorry to hear you're upgrade to our higher fibre package doesn't sound to have happened so far. So we can take a look into this further for you, please can you drop us the username for your account over private message.

duke8955
Dabbler

Thank you.
ChrisKent
Hooked

Thanks BD, that's very helpful. Good to see that the support forum is monitored.

duke8955
Dabbler

Would be super happy for a response to the PM I sent on Friday, still no speed increase on mine yet.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi duke8955, I've just picked that up. I just needed to update the speed profile on your account so you should be connecting at the higher speed now.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
duke8955
Dabbler

Woohoo, thank you!! I’ll update when it happens!