Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long to correct a profile ?

FIXED
idharper
Dabbler
Fixes: 2

How long to correct a profile ?

I have fibre broadband at 36Mb, I paid for upgrade to 72Mb, had email at 00:53 on 15th saying it was upgraded, but after running BT speed tests and checking router stats it shows me still at 36M, I bounced router - no joy.

I phoned support at 08:00 yesterday and was told I was correct the profile hadn't been changed, here I am now nearly 24 hours later and its still showing 36M. - not happy !!.

Surely tweaking a profile should be a 5 min online job not "leave it around 24 hours" !!!!

7 REPLIES 7
idharper
Dabbler

Re: How long to correct a profile ?

Now being told it should take 48 hours to change a profile - so another 24 hour wait.

really pee'd off now.

Dumbledore
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 34

Hello @idharper

I am sorry to hear about the delay in connecting you onto our Fibre Extra service.

I have responded to your query via a ticket. You can view this ticket by Clicking Here

Should you require any further assistance, please feel free to get back in touch with us.

Kind regards.

idharper
Dabbler

finally the speed has increased, but not the promised 56-72Mb with guaranteed minimum of 51.36.

On the old 36M service I was getting 34M, now on the new 72M I am barely getting 44M down and 11 up on the bt speedchecker, also my hub reports a max of 49M down and 20M up

I have bounced router, and yes I am on cat 5e cable connected direct to hub which in turn is direct to master socket.

And if you remove one building I can see the cabinet out of the window.

So how do I now get the speed I am paying for and at least the guaranteed speed ?Huh

RandallFlagg
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 75

Hi @idharper

I can see that your line is in sync at 49mb as you've noted in terms of the router information.

This may take a few days for the modify order we've placed to settle down - if the results of a wired speed test as still the same on Friday, raise a fault here and we'll ask our suppliers to take a look at this for you.

Best wishes

Dave

idharper
Dabbler

Fix

After a lot of poking and back and forwards via ticket system someone did something somewhere and now I am finally getting the speeds I expected from day 1.

Shame its taken a number of pokes, plus repeatedly explaining I dont have filters - its built into the master socket so I cant plug direct to test socket Sad

Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 79

Glad to hear its sorted @idharper.

Do give us a nudge here if you need further assistance.

Thanks.

idharper
Dabbler

I had the following email in from support overnight to which I cannot reply and am not happy about.

I completed all the tests they asked that were possible, one of the tests was to plug the filter direct into the test socket -  the master socket I have, has filters built direct into it, so I  HAVE NO EXTERNAL PLUG IN FILTERS so could not plug it into the "test socket" if I has one - which I dont !!.

the video link they sent also referred to the filtes and test socket - again I dont have external filters.

I have this type of socket which as you can see has NO external filters and the ethernet cable goes direct from the router into its own socket at the top and the ordinary POT's go into the bottom socket.

image.png

So it is impossible to complete some of the tests they requested - as I HAVE REPEATEDLY explained - not through being awkward on my part but through people not listening !!!

I have been a computer engineer and systems admin for 35 years I know my way around cabling infrastructure with my eyes closed so I am not a typical customer who knows nothing.

I like the way they said they are now closing the query - I closed it yesterday morning as the speeds are now what I expect.

Rant over, now I will get back to my day job of building a new data centre for my company.

Angry

Your speed fault

Hello ian, 

During the investigation of your reported fault we asked you to complete some steps to help us diagnose the problem. You have reported that you are unable to do so. 

As such, we're unable to continue the investigation so have had to close the query. 

This also means you will not have the right to leave your contract without paying any cancellation fees at the end of the 30 day period from the date you raised the fault, or the date we have set out in previous emails. 

If you are still concerned about your speeds, please use our online speed tester at: http://www.speedtest.btwholesale.com/ (more info) and we have some advice on the things which can affect broadband speeds on our help pages.

Kind regards, 

Plusnet Customer Support 
www.plus.net 

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): Post released from Spam Filter.