cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long to activate fibre?

lnboyle

How long to activate fibre?

Hi all,
Recently set up a fibre order with plusnet (17/08/17) and everything has been going fine. Network Engineer set everything up on 18/08/17. Collected my router today (29/08/17) , plugged it in and still no broadband. Ive recieved two texts telling me two different days for when it will be active, the 26th of August and then the 6th of September.

The plusnet help page says it should take a week so can anyone suggest a reason as to why its possibly taking nearly 3? Dont want to pay for the first month if im not going to have any broadband for 3/4's of it.

Thank you for any help
8 REPLIES 8
Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 76

Re: How long to activate fibre?

It will depend on local engineer availability. Your billing won't start until the service activated, so you won't pay for something you don't have.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Hi there,

Your fibre service will go live on the 5th September. It's been delayed due to engineer availability, apologies for the inconvenience caused but let us know how your activation goes.

Anoush

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
lnboyle

Hi,
Thanks for letting me know. Can I ask what still has to be done? The engineer from openreach said that everything had been sorted and that it was literally a switch to be flicked kind of deal.

Mainly asking cause we are 4 computer science students and having no internet is hindering our ability to work, etc. Thank you for any help you can give.
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

An engineer would need to complete jumpering work at the cabinet.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
lnboyle

One last quick question, when the engineer had come back from the box in the street, he said that our download speed was 40Mbps. Is his estimate wrong because the line hasnt been activated yet and needs time to settle? (welcome email said 72Mb min)
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

The product we've ordered from our suppliers is 80/20. If you have any problems with your speed after it's been activated I'd recommend raising a fault to us at http://faults.plus.net

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
lnboyle

Ok, thank you very much for all your help.
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

No problems, let us know how it goes.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet