cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long should it take for a new line to stabilise, getting under minimum speed as it stands

andycee5

How long should it take for a new line to stabilise, getting under minimum speed as it stands

Hi there, my line has only been active a few days, so I'm not sure if I'm jumping the gun slightly!

I'm getting under 30Mbps (Ethernet) on the BTW speedtest etc, where as I was previously with Sky and got over 40. In the portal is the following:

Product: Unlimited Fibre Extra

Estimated Download Range: 35 - 49Mbps

Estimated Upload Range: 6 - 10Mbps

Minimum Guaranteed Speed: 31.8Mbps

Current Line Speed (Download): 80Mbps

Do I need to wait a few more days to achieve the estimated rate, currently Netflix is struggling to stream 4K alongside other internet use.

Cheers,

Andy

1 REPLY 1
LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Re: How long should it take for a new line to stabilise, getting under minimum speed as it stands

Hiya @andycee5, I am sorry for the issues with your service.

Testing your line today has detected an external phone line fault. I have now raised this to our suppliers for further investigation and we can expect to have further updates within 48-72 hours, though it may be resolved before then.

I am very sorry for any inconvenience this causes in the meantime.

I have created a fault ticket here: https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=view_question&id=218244719

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team