cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long should I expect to wait for a response after opening a ticket reporting no broadband?

FIXED
kyber
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

How long should I expect to wait for a response after opening a ticket reporting no broadband?

Returned from holiday Tuesday morning to find no broadband. Did all usual checks/reboots. No go. Phone seems fine. This is FTTC service  

dsl light on open reach fibre modem not on or flickering quickly, just flashes on for a second or so roughly every eight seconds. 

I'm pleased to say that it has been a good while since I had a problem with my plus net broadband service. Last time I reported a fault though I received email and text confirmations, updates (automatic line tests showed line fault etc) and a phone call.

This time, nothing.

I understand I'm paying for a consumer service so, prepared to wait but surprised that I get nothing compared to previous experience. Is this normal now?

How long should I expect to wait for my ticket,  #125051289, to get an update?

4 REPLIES 4
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: How long should I expect to wait for a response after opening a ticket reporting no broadband?

Hi Kyber,

We aim to respond to residential faults within 72 hours.

Do reply back here if you don;t see anything by that point as that will bring this back onto my radar so I can get it flagged up for you.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
kyber
Rising Star

Re: How long should I expect to wait for a response after opening a ticket reporting no broadband?

Ok; thx.
kyber
Rising Star

I've received an update telling me everything is fixed, no fault is showing on my line.

Unfortunately,
I have NO BROADBAND
I have NO PHONE SERVICE

I provided an update on the ticket yesterday stating I had reason to believe BT Openreach had mixed up their work orders.

No one seems to have taken any notice. If my line is shown as working that may well be because it is connected to someone else's property.

Little is more annoying than receiving an email telling you something is fixed before checking with me or inviting me to check. Instead I am advised to use the wizard again an open a new ticket.

Arghhh!!!!

I have commented on the existing richer than nothing is fixed. I will phone in the morning as well to try to make sure someone recognises this and takes action.
kyber
Rising Star

Fix

I spoke with customer service on Saturday morning, received an apology, and an engineer was booked for the Monday morning. 

The engineer fixed the problem although it took him around three hours. Glad he ignored the message that problem must have been customer equipment. 

Broadband now working better than it was before with 50-55Mbps down, never got to 40Mbps before. .>20Mpbs upload now.

Apparently I do have  80/20 service, just has an older name and I hadn't been seeing anything over 40 down before.