Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long for speed increase?

johncov26
Dabbler

How long for speed increase?

Hello,
Just had fibre installed. Your website says
Estimated line speed:32Mb (Download speed could vary depending on line conditions. Estimates are the maximum speeds that your phone line can support. These speeds are dependent on the package you choose.)  - Checked on 2014-10-08 11:22:22
Current line speed:40 Mb
I am getting 14. so will this go up? Others have had full speed right off the start
Cheers
22 REPLIES 22
AndyH
Grafter

Re: How long for speed increase?

Are you running the speed test wired or wirelessly?
Can you run this speed test http://www.thinkbroadband.com/speedtest.html and post the results?
johncov26
Dabbler

Running wired on a 1M cable directly into PN router.
Better than the 6mbps we had but I was hoping for more as we have gone from 50P a month to £20
http://www.thinkbroadband.com/speedtest/results.html?id=141406021017616242753

w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

Can you try running this test please? http://speedtest.btwholesale.com/
After the initial test you should get a button on screen offering 'Further Diagnostics', please select this and, once completed, you should see (amongst other things): "Additional Information:  IP Profile for your line is...", please advise the figure it gives.
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
johncov26
Dabbler

Our son has come here be a use we now have a red Internet light and nothing is working
johncov26
Dabbler

So is that a record then? Had it for 15 mins before raising a fault!?
johncov26
Dabbler

After another factory reset it's come back on and I am now waiting for a line profile reset after it's gone back to our ADSL speeds
Got another router coming because this one is not right.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Sorry to hear about the issues John.
What was the issue with the router? Let us know how you get when that arrives please.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
petecov44
Grafter

Hi Adam,
That's my dads login in case you wonder why I am responding Smiley
I believe the Router had a funny turn, After 2 hard resets it's back up and stable but the line profile has gone back to the 5.8mbps they had before the profile was changed this morning to 40mbps ready for the FTTC to fo live - It ran for 15 mins and then went dead.
By another router he meant I have put my hardware on there which I don't use (so same router) and it's working fine - tr69 picked it up and it's been online since.
So I don't think it's a fault, and although they are currently on the same speed they always where they would like it back to 40mbps as soon as possible - although even then it was only reaching 14mbps but that's another matter.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi Pete,
We honestly didn't know it was you responding but cheers for clearing that up.
I can see the speed profile looks to be correct on your account but if this is still an issue I'd disconnect and reconnect by logging into the router:
http://www.plus.net/home-broadband/router-reconnect/
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
petecov44
Grafter

Hi Adam,
No it was my dad but it was me in the last post Smiley I was there though at the time it was being written.
The speed profile on my dads account is the one that we query. So you are saying it's now 40 and not 5.8 but needs a reboot to update on the portal?
I've called and it's being power cycled as I type this  (Just TC not BTO)
Cheers
petecov44
Grafter

Reboot done - they are still on 5.8mbps.
plusnettony
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 18

Pete / John,
I've just changed the WP profile for you (after your last post). Can you do me a favour and reconnect, but don't switch the router off. I'm a bit concerned with the lost carrier drops.
Tony
 Tony T
 Plusnet Help Team
petecov44
Grafter

Thanks I will get this sorted out in the next 30 mins and will get back to you - thanks for the change Smiley
petecov44
Grafter

Hi Tony
Right they have done that - they are now back to what they got before the problem kicked off - 15mbps down and 6mbps up. I've told them to wait for a few days to see if this increases. It should do I hope.
The LCD's were probably me earlier when I was getting that horrible " disconnected by user" that we fight all the time.