cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long for fibre speed to be reached?

KeithT

How long for fibre speed to be reached?

Having 'upgraded' to fibre on 28th October, I have yet to find any alteration to my broadband speed. My Account appears to say it should be 17-23Mbps, however the speed is maintaining a steady 6-7Mbps. I have noticed that the direct debit went up, however...

Along with others I have noticed that the service has become patchy recently despite the new router that arrived and successfully configured itself.

Q: Will the speed rise, if so when? If it doesn't, how long before my account is reset to std ADSL product, and I pay less?

5 REPLIES 5
Andrue
Pro
Fixes: 1

Re: How long for fibre speed to be reached?

28th October? When did you last contact Plusnet to ask them to look into it?

herojan
Grafter

Is 6-7 Meg your original ADSL speed? if so it seems that the system hasn't updated your speed profile. It should do it automatically, but often doesn't, I regularly see people here asking about it.

Somebody from plusnet might pick it up on here, best bet is to bite the bullet and call them and wait in the phone queue to speak to somebody 

KeithT

Thanks for the replies;

Andrue - I was waiting out the 10 day 'automatic adjustment period' to see if that would do it, then called Plusnet to find a 45 minute wait.

HeroJan, yup 6-7 Meg is the speed we've had for, um, years now - generally ok enough, but with growing number of users (more streaming) better bandwidth would be more convenient. I think you are correct I should call them and listen to the interminable stand-by. I hate call centres.

Thanks for the help, I'll post how it goes.

rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

There is NO!! 10 day period , if you were told this from PN they are wrong Sad

FTTC finds its best speed in the first 48 hours

Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
KeithT

RongTw - I wasn't told the 10 day period - it is on the Q&A, at least that was my interpretation, right or wrong.

I took the advice and sat the 40 minutes to get through to an extremely helpful PN techie who pinged our line and found a fault with the exchange. They've refunded a months broadband and notified BT to check the exchange within 72 hours (maybe 24 hours, but steady now...), so hopefully by early next week we shall be cooking with gas, as they say.

Verdict: once I got past the call wait time, which I had to plan for around RL, PlusNet help was very polite, helpful and offered recompense and a potential solution rapidly. Can't say fairer than that.

So, let's see how the next bit goes Wink