cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long for DLM to increase IP Profile?

bigwest
Dabbler

How long for DLM to increase IP Profile?

My down connection speed has been limited to 34999kbps for a few months now. I'm on the unlimited fibre 40/10 package and to start with was connected at the full 40Mb.

I was originally using my Netgear D7000v2 in modem+router modem and had resyncs every few days. I believe this is what caused me to go on a banded profile in the first place.

I've since started using a Huawei HG612 as the modem and monitoring the line status using DSLstats.

I've now been connected for 34 days without any resyncs and very low ES/hour from what I can see. Does anyone know how long it should take for DLM to increase my IP Profile back closer to 40Mb?

Previously when I've been on 80/20 packages I've managed to get 55Mb syncs so 40Mb should be easily achievable for my line.

linestatSNR.JPG

linestatSNR2.JPGlinestatSNR3.JPG

2 REPLIES 2
Terranova667
Pro
Fixes: 5

Re: How long for DLM to increase IP Profile?

If the line is banded it won't increase on its own DLM can't remove it, Plusnet would have to make a request to BTW for a reset.

bigwest
Dabbler

Re: How long for DLM to increase IP Profile?

Perhaps I've got my terminology wrong. Is it not the case that DLM would have lowered my IP Profile and there will be a barrier threshold on the line that it will need to get past before profile speed increases?