cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long does it take for profile to be reset after repair?

deadman2020
Grafter

How long does it take for profile to be reset after repair?

Being a bit premature here perhaps.
Just had new drop cable put in and a new pair an hour ago. DLM reset. Synced at 73.8/20 but only getting 36/10 on speedtests. Rebooted the router. Disconnected/reconnected from DHCP. Phoned support who said they can't perform a test or reset BRAS profile until BT log it.
Guess I'll have to wait.
6 REPLIES 6
plusnettony
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 18

Re: How long does it take for profile to be reset after repair?

Hi deadman,
I need to take a look at your account to be able to check a couple of things out. The username you have linked here isn't working. Can you therefore PM me your username please and I'll advise further.
Thanks,
Tony
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Tony T
 Plusnet Help Team
plusnettony
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 18

Hi,
Thanks for the username. I just wanted to see if your profile had increased. It did so at 12:54:29 today. If you can drop your connection and the re-establish it, you should see new speeds.
Tony
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Tony T
 Plusnet Help Team
Franco99

I have a similar problem.  I have had fibre for just over a month.  Estimated 72mbs, but speed tests show half that.  After three visits from engineers, the most recent on Wednesday, the router is synched at 76mbs, but speed tests still show half that figure.  The engineer said that my profile speed should increase over the following three days, but nothing has changed.  I am 400m from a new cabinet.  What can I do in order to increase my profile speed?  My ticket is #93003373.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi,
Diagnostic tests are showing some improvement from here so I've adjusted the profile on your account.
I've dropped you a text and a reply to the support ticket with instructions.
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Franco99

Thank you Adam.  I had to follow the instructions to restart the router.  I have run two tests, both about 60mbs.  Yippee.  Thank you for your help.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Great!
No worries, thanks a lot for letting us know and don't be a stranger!
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team