cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long does it take for a line to be re-profiled?

djbenson
Grafter

How long does it take for a line to be re-profiled?

I've recently moved homes and we were previously on the 40/10 package as that's all my line could handle. In the new property we are about 200m from the cabinet and BT says the line will support the higher tier. Plusnet have (according to my dashboard) put me on the higher tier but as yet, my modem (a HG612) is clinging on to the 40/10 profile.

How long from the product switch (which I think happened on Tuesday, so 2 days ago) does it take for the new profile to take effect?

LineStats.jpg

4 REPLIES 4
flanzm
Pro
Fixes: 15

Re: How long does it take for a line to be re-profiled?

It should have changed once the order was placed on Openreach to switch you from 40/10 to 40/20.  Have you noticed if the resync'd in the last two days.   It might be worth causing a manual resync to see if that fixes it, failing that I would double check that the order was actually placed with Openreach.

BTW - you would be better unlocking the modem and getting stats via telnet, as the web interface is full of bugs - aka. DSL uptime of 0 and upstream SNR margin of 0!

djbenson
Grafter

How do you force a manual sync? I’ve rebooted the modem but does it need to be powered off for a period of time or should a reboot so it?

The modem is unlocked, the locked firmware doesn’t have a web UI as far as I’m aware. The issue I have is that I need to run two cables to the modem as I can’t get my UDM Pro to route the LAN IP of the modem over the WAN connection. It is possible on DDWRT routers but not worked out how to do it on the UDMP yet.
RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 59

@djbenson  The line rates (sync speeds)  are correct on the HG612 GUI, other details are not to be trusted. It is pretty obvious that the upgrade has not happened. The usual Plusnet excuses are that the order failed to be placed or it is stuck in the suppliers system. Have you chased Plusnet about it? 

djbenson
Grafter

Just off the phone now. It seems PN screwed up the request with BT and I’ve only been provisioned on Fiber and not Fiber Extra. They’ve placed an order for Fiber Extra with the “provisioning team” who will get in touch within the next 48 hours.

To be fair they have credited this months BB as a gesture of good will which is fair enough, we have service just not the service I’m paying for.