cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long does it take for a fibre router to arrive?

hurdsfarm

How long does it take for a fibre router to arrive?

Hi

Posting this in probably vain hope that someone will be able to help.

I was supposed to move onto fibre yesterday, at least that is what the confirmation email i received says.  I don't have a new router through the post yet and its been over 5 days (Plusnet's guide says Royal Mail delivery 3-5 days) since placing the order.  

How long should i wait until starting to get worried?  Why do they say it will be ready on 9th and then not make it happen?

Also anyone know a simple way of contacting Plusnet without wasting a lot of time on hold or refreshing on their chat line?  Does this forum work?

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
bmc
Hero
Fixes: 48

Re: How long does it take for a fibre router to arrive?

@hurdsfarm

Stick your phone number in the following. In the narrative below the results does it say anything about an "Open Order"

http://www.dslchecker.bt.com/adsl/adslchecker.welcome

As for your router PlusNet operate a "just in time" dispatch which doesn't always work.

Brian

JOLO
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 77

Hi @hurdsfarm,

So looking at your account there's possibly a tad bit of confusion, and it's likely our system that's caused it so apologies for that. There's two parts of your change to fibre. One is the account change from the ADSL original to the new FTTC service you've chosen and then the second part is the order that's placed to change the service at the exchange. 

This is where I think our system has caused the confusion as the date of the 9th was for the first part of the account change, the order completion confirmation is actually due to completed at a later date. FYI the price discrepancy from the account change completion to the order completion is pro-rata refunded. 

The routers are issued out to tie in with the order at the exchange, and are posted to be received a day or two before your order completes and this is the reason why you haven't received it yet. 

hurdsfarm

Hi Brian

Thanks for your reply and that link.

Plusnet have now replied and said theres been some confusion their end with their system, seems crazy that they have an online ordering system that doesn't do the job its supposed to do.  Lack of investment in the system i expect, that is the usual BT reason for things not being how they should be.

Thanks again

Richard

hurdsfarm

Hi JOLO

Thanks for the quick reply and action to move my order through.

I understand your explanation, however i suggest that its fed back to your leaders that this email below clearly set my expectations incorrectly.  I used your online ordering system so if there's a problem with it, then may be some more money needs to be invested in it, rather than relying on customers chasing and you / your colleagues having to find out theres been a system glitch.

Thanks again and hopefully everything will be ok now.

Richard

We've received your product change request and have now started the process of moving your products to:

Broadband package: Unlimited Fibre

Phone package: Unlimited UK & Mobile Calls

Contract: 18 months

Hardware: Plusnet wireless router
This will change over on 9th October 2018 and your new cost per month will be £42.98.
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Hi Richard.

I believe the 9th October was the required-by date we asked for when we placed the order, but once the order was automatically built into the supplier systems we received a committed date of the 16th due to engineer availability. The fact that we haven't relayed this information to you we've fed back internally.

I'd like to note that your account won't change to fibre until the 16th where you'll receive an automated email in the early hours of the morning(Around 3am I think) advising the product change is complete, but the engineering work should happen within normal business hours.

Apologies for the inconvenience caused by the delay and that you had to chase this

Let us know how the upgrade goes. 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet