cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long does it take for Linespeed to adjust to IP Profile

camhusmj38

How long does it take for Linespeed to adjust to IP Profile

Hi,
My current line speed on plus.net is 47.4 but my IP Profile on BT Wholesale performance test is 52.21.
I was wondering how long it takes for the line speed to alter in line with the IP Profile.
Thanks,
Sunil Joshi
4 REPLIES 4
deathtrap
Grafter

Re: How long does it take for Linespeed to adjust to IP Profile

Depends, if you ring support  not very long at all ,  i have noticed that it's very quick at follwing the BTW ip profile  when DLM hammers you (downwards direction) but when it relents and your BTW ip profile increases the plusnet profile is often very slow I've seen it take days  before now
nigel1971
Grafter

Just had my ip profile put on 78, did a modem and router reset and it hasn't budged 8 hours on  Angry
Terranova667
Pro
Fixes: 5

Don't  reboot the modem it can cause DLM to see that as an issue and step in,  you could have caused it to add interleaving or something else thinking there is a fault and you would then have to wait for DLM to remove it again, only drop the router connection.
as for the Plusnet profile it is supposed to do that automatically as for the time it takes i'm not sure but as deathtrap said if you call support or wait for someone on the CRT to see this thread they can do it for you, you cant adjust profiles yourself once done then you would need to drop the router connection only to get the speed.
ajbrown1965
Grafter

As deathrap says, ring support. I called yesterday p.m. got straight through with no queue, and the chap at PN upped my profile straight away. (It had been out of sync with BT for about 36 hours.) You may need to disconnect and reconnect your router. As mentioned above, don't restart it as this can mess up the download speed.