cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long can a Cabinet be "Under Review"?

degoop
Hooked

How long can a Cabinet be "Under Review"?

After eagerly waiting, my exchange (Woodseats) was enabled for Fibre 2 over years ago. But to my disappointment they did not upgrade cabinet 7, which is unfortunately my cabinet, as they said there were not enough consumers. 
Cabinet 7 has now been in a status of “Under Review” all year, but I cannot find out when this might change.  Two years ago I had an Openreach email address where more info could be sought (that’s how I found out about the number of consumers), but it’s now been decommissioned.  Does anyone know how to get real information about what “Under Review” actually means for a specific cabinet.  When I had a new 2nd line installed 18 months ago the engineer said cabinet 7 was very full, so I also don’t think the original reason is still valid.  Power should also not be the issue as Cabinet 7 sat next to a Digital Region cabinet, so power exists within 2 meters.
Can anyone offer me some infomation to give me hope?

3 REPLIES 3
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Re: How long can a Cabinet be "Under Review"?

Probably Openreach are a bit slow to lay fibre down there as you have Virgin Cable available.
Up here on Greenhill we have no Virgin Cable so fibre was installed pretty quickly.
Hope you get sorted sooner rather than later.
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
degoop
Hooked

Virgin Cable is not available in the area - Digital Region was, but they went bust!
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Sorry, I was misinformed by someone who lives on Woodseats Embarrassed
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine