cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long before PlusNet up my line speed

FIXED
TonyBrown

How long before PlusNet up my line speed

We had FTTC enabled today, upgrade from ADSL. The modem is syncing at 39M, but our linespeed is showing as only 2.5M at https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=data_transfer_speed. Will this get changed automatically (eventually?), or do I need to request it?

Tried to progress this through LiveChat, but seemingly unavailable this morning

2 REPLIES 2
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Re: How long before PlusNet up my line speed

Fix

If you reboot your router this should be fixed.

With regards to live chat are you using a ad-blocker? This can stop live chat from working.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
TonyBrown

Re: How long before PlusNet up my line speed

Line speed now showing as 37MB, and after a reboot Speedtest says 37.49M. Should this have happened automatically, or were PlusNet waiting for OpenReach? I found a number of similar threads, all simply fixed in the same way.

As regards live chat, earlier the button was greyed out. Since about 12:00, the button has opened the pop-up, and allowed you to enter the initial information, but trying to initiate the chat gave a message that "None of our PlusNet teams are available right now". Interestingly, that was on Firefox, usinmg Chrome gave a slightly different signon box, and that seemed to work. Very strange.