How do my SNR numbers look?

FIXED
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Re: How do my SNR numbers look?

Hi Kevin.

I've adjusted the speed profile on our side now.

Can you reboot your router and let us know how things look? Smiley

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
kmm1013
Grafter

Great, thanks...

I think things are heading in the right direction now...

BT Wholesale check now shows Wholesale IP Line Profile at 36.37 (up by 0.1) and my throughput is at 30.21, which is the best it has been in 6 weeks! Smiley

The big test will be overnight, once the DLM software analyses the line overnight, and see if it adjusts my line profile/speed up or down...so we will see better over the next few days, but things are certainly looking better as of right now!

I will reply to this post in a couple of days, and let you know how things are once they have settled...

But thanks for the help, and I am pleased that we may have finally found the issue...a hardware fault in the cabinet...though quite why Openreach didn't discover this 6 weeks ago, I am not sure, but fingers crossed, we are set...

Regards,

Kevin 

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

No problems Kevin.

I'm glad to hear your service has improved following the work at the cab.

Sorry for the time it took to get to this stage.

Let me know if you encounter any further issues.

Anoush

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
kmm1013
Grafter

On checking with the Wholesale speedtest, my Line IP profile is still at 36.37, so for the first time since my issue started, my IP profile hasn't dropped overnight, so I assume that the DLM is happy with my line quality, and it's looking good that things have remained the same overnight Smiley

I shall continue to monitor it over the next few days, but (touch wood) I think the cabinet issue was the problem, and it looks to be resolved...

If it's OK, I will still keep this open for a few more days to double check everything, but if the IP profile remains at/around 36.37 by Sunday, I think we will be able to close this down...but I am hopeful...

I know it took a while, but I would rather it took 6 weeks to fix fully, than a quick fix in a few days.

Thanks for the help Smiley

Cheers,

Kevin

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Woo-hoo, I'm happy to hear things are still looking good, Kevin.

No problems at all, let me know if you experience further issues.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
kmm1013
Grafter

I am delighted to report that my IP line profile has held steady at 36.37 now for the past 4 days, and my throughput is about 32Mb, and is stable...

I am happy to consider the matter resolved now, and it is good to see that it was actually an Openreach Cabinet problem, and not something I was doing! Smiley

Thanks again for all of the follow up work & calls, and the tenacity to get Openreach out to me 4 times, which (eventually) did the trick...

I can finally watch Netflix in 4K now...so that is great Smiley

Kind regards,

Kevin 

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Really glad to hear that Kevin. Smiley

Let me know if you ever need any further help in the future.

Anoush

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Mav
Fixes: 514

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): The fix has been changed to @Gandalf as per message #14.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

kmm1013
Grafter

I had a very nice surprise yesterday, when a lovely looking bar of chocolate arrived from you guys, as a small, but appreciated, apology for some of the inconvenience over my Fibre line issues these past couple of months...

However, on further inspection...unfortunately, the chocolate has long expired, as you can see by the "best before" date from the photos I have attached Sad

Maybe it was "in date" when my issues started!! LOL Cheesy

Anyway...I suppose it's (as they say) "the thought that counts" Smiley ...but I thought I'd let you know, just in case you are sending any more of these nice gestures out to other folk...

But thanks again...it was a very nice, and unexpected surprise...just a shame I couldn't eat it! 

Cheers,

Kevin 

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Hi Kevin.

No problems at all, I'm glad you like it!

Though I'm a bit disappointed that it was out of date, so I've raised this to my line manager to feed this back to our suppliers appropriately. We may need to put a hold on sending these out until we know this won't happen again.

Cheers for flagging this to us, I'll be happy to send you another in due course. Smiley

Anoush

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 59

It's less than a month past the date, why couldn't you eat it? I certainly would.Wink

kmm1013
Grafter

Send me your address, and I'll pop it in the post to you Laugh

cwaite
Rising Star

As it's a best before date it's perfectly ok to eat, if it was a use by date then that would be a different matter. Enjoy, it's more than I got from Plusnet at the end of my 18 month battle to get the speed I was promised.

Definition of Best Before Dates

The “Best Before Date” is, according to the manufacturer, the last date by which a products flavor and/or quality is best. A best-by date denotes the optimal period of time during which the manufacturer feels that their product will retain its original quality. As noted above, the product may still be enjoyed after the “best before date”.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Hi all.

Panic over. The chocolate wasn't out of date, it was a labeling error which has since been resolved.

Sorry for any concern caused. @kmm1013 as promised I've sent you another one. Smiley

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet