cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I get a major problem with Plusnet sorted without resorting to OFCOM

CapnPugwash

How do I get a major problem with Plusnet sorted without resorting to OFCOM

Hope someone on here, or PlusNet staff (Bob Pullen???) can get this problem sorted asap. I am posting this on behalf of my son, who cannot get online for the reasons below.

My son switched from BT to PlusNet (I can provide his User Name etc. if required) on 18 July on my recommendation (after nearly 20 virtually trouble-free years with PlusNet myself). He did not get not get the full 75Mbps speed from the start only something in the region of 25 Mbps and this had been the subject of some separate discussion between him and PlusNet. On 10 August, the PlusNet fibre broadband was disconnected without any warning yet his PlusNet Home Phone is still working. He has been told that his fibre broadband has been 'seized' despite his account being fully paid in advance.

PlusNet have told him that it is BT's fault and BT refuse to accept any responsibility saying that everything has been passed over to PlusNet and they are the one's who have 'seized' the fibre broadband line. PlusNet have said that it will take at least until 28 Aug to get the 'seized' order removed and another 14 days to get his fibre broadband reconnected meaning that it will be more than 6 weeks without the internet and emails. I do not think that this is acceptable by anyone's standards.

I have involved myself as he has two terminally ill daughters and relies on his broadband for email communications regarding their treatment and also relies on it for serving his mobile phone via a 3G Sure Signal booster. Without the broadband connection his has lost two critical means of communication.

I do not understand why his broadband connection cannot be reconnected straight away when BT (presumably through Openreach) have assured him that there are no work orders outstanding on this 'seized' connection and as far as they are concerned the connection is available.

Any suggestions PlusNet!

2 REPLIES 2
JonoH
Hero
Fixes: 157

Re: How do I get a major problem with Plusnet sorted without resorting to OFCOM

Hi, 

Firstly I'm sorry for any extra stress we've caused in an already difficult situation, I'll do everything I can to get it resolved with the minimum amount of hassle.

I'm going to need a PM with the customers details and unfortunately if you're not named on the account as an authorised user I wont be able to discuss any account specific information with you.

Jono H
 Plusnet Community Manager
CapnPugwash

Re: How do I get a major problem with Plusnet sorted without resorting to OFCOM

PM sent