Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can Increase upload speed?

mdm1982
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

How can Increase upload speed?

Plusnet Support,
I've had the fibre unlimited package now for around 2 years and Download & upload speeds have always been 36\6. Since the starting of the week my upload is has been 3MB and remains at this speed. After doing some digging I see Plusnet have changed the package upload speeds to keep costs down on the BT whole sale side. This is very disappointing if I'm honest. 2MB is useless for my work requirements and it won't let me change to fibre unlimited extra to increase my upload speed? If I cannot get this resolved please could I have a MAC code as I will be moving ISP's as soon as I can.
3 REPLIES 3
SpendLessTime
Hero
Fixes: 86

Re: How can Increase upload speed?

@mdm1982
For reference purposes, since June 2015, the use of MAC code to change supplier has been abolished. Now you just sign up to a new ISP and they will take care of everything for you. You no longer have to contact your current provider and the current ISP is not allowed to chase you and try and stop you leaving,
Ex - Plusnet Customer (2009 - 2023) now with BT
acr
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

The 2MB upload cap only applies to those customers who choose to migrate to the new 40/2 account. If you originally had a 40/10 or 40/20 account then this will not change unless you 'upgrade' to the newer product. You therefore need to look for another reason why your upgrade speed has dropped. Moving ISP is unlikely to see any change until the problem has been corrected.
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Your line is currently in sync at 2.9Mbps, which is higher than it would be if we'd capped you at 2Mbps.
I can see you've reported a fault which is the best way to progress this issue and our faults team will be in touch once they've tested your line.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.