cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I let PlusNet know that my download speeds are much slower than BT Infinity?

eventoftheyear

How can I let PlusNet know that my download speeds are much slower than BT Infinity?

I have recently switched from BT Infintity Full Fibre to PlusNet Full Fibre.  The cabinet is still the same distance away - I can see it from the bedroom window; it uses the same copper cable as before - the only difference is I've swapped the BT Home Hub for the PlusNet version.

In the past - when I used PlusNet before - you would raise a ticket - now you have to rely on an online chat or by phone, so sorry PlusNet - its a public question because I can't see another way.

I also have a SamKnows Whitebox - a Broadband monitoring tool - I'm part of the community that measures speed, so I have speed comparisons for the last 365 days in graph form.

Download Speed last 365 days - guess when I swapped provider?

Downstream Speed.png

Upload Speed - last 365 days

Upstream Speed.png

DNS response Times - last 365 days - guess where I changed provider !!!

DNS Response Times.png

UDP Latency - last 365 days

UDP Latency.png

3 REPLIES 3
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Re: How can I let PlusNet know that my download speeds are much slower than BT Infinity?

GEA Test Detail
Circuit ID NA Service ID  

Test Outcome Pass
Test Outcome Code GTC_FTTC_SERVICE_0001
Description GEA service test completed and no fault found but unable to check for customer equipment connected to modem.
Main Fault Location OK
Sync Status In Sync
Downstream Speed 78.7 Mbps
Upstream Speed 20.0 Mbps
Appointment Required N
Fault Report Advised N
NTE Power Status PowerOn
Voice Line Test Result Voice fault suspected - contact Voice CP to progress copper issue
Bridge Tap Not Detected
Repetitive Electrical Impulse Noise Not Detected
Estimated Line Length In Metres 250.5
Upstream Rate Assessment Very Good
Downstream Rate Assessment Very Good
Interference Pattern Not Detected
Service Impact No Impact Observed
Home Wiring Problem Not Detected
Downstream Policing Discard Rate 0.0
Customer Traffic Level Upstream and Downstream Traffic Detected
Profile Name 0.128M-80M Downstream, Error Protection Off - 0.128M-20M Upstream, Error Protection Off

Sync speeds seem fine, however testing your line shows there may be a problem with the phone line.

Just looking in to the phone side of things now.

EDIT: I've raised a phone fault for you. The initial test against the phone line found a fault that shouldn't need an engineer to access your property. I've left a ticket on your account regarding this.

Just in regards to your comments about raising tickets, you can still raise faults via the member centre at http://faults.plus.net Smiley

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
nigelmercier
Grafter

Re: How can I let PlusNet know that my download speeds are much slower than BT Infinity?

You can still raise faults, but nothing else. It is very frustrating.

Just in regards to your comments about raising tickets, you can still raise faults via the member centre ...

eventoftheyear

Thank you for taking the time to test the line and raise the fault with BT - much appreciated.