cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How badly has your fibre product speed fell in past 3months?

Andrue
Pro
Fixes: 1

Re: How badly has your fibre product speed fell in past 3months?

Mine hasn't fallen. It's risen thanks to G.INP from 64Mb/s to 73Mb/s. But thanks for asking  Wink
TxRxFx
Dabbler

Cheers for indulging my rather non-thought through poll.
@Matty, thanks for pushing on with my fault.
Us end users have minimal info about the local state of works from BT Wholesale and it's hard work chasing the awesome customer support team through the loops for some noddy exchange status updates all the time. Smiley
I completely agree it's not Plusnet's fault but BT's info on the more localised works to Plusnet out with fab faults team has been somewhat confusing and frustrating whilst you have 56kbps (yes that's true!) at peak contention times.
Now though there seems to be light at the end of our tunnel fibre and speeds are eeking up.. Either that or there's a not as many browsing cats in baths clips.
Edit: Want to add that this problem has been running for months and indeed Plusnet dropped some unbelievable clangers recently with regards to my account.

Melancholie
Grafter

Quote from: deathtrap
Lol , but some of us don't need or rely on speed tests, the issues that have been ongoing for the past several months  where all to apparent

Looking back through past posts as I did a while back it would seem you have had issues pretty much non-stop for the past 18 months to 2 years.
I'm not aware of anyone else who has reported issues for that period so to claim the issues have been ongoing for several months and are all too apparent doesn't seem accurate. Seemed to actually kick off when I started a thread asking about capacity issues in January which doesn't tally either with your claim that issues have been ongoing for the 'past several months' or that they were 'all too apparent'.
southerner
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

For me my 1st 3 months of connection were a solid 80/20 synch, 75/16 throughput. Then I started to get peak slow downs going down to single figures throughput which was very noticeable with streaming, downloading and gave general all round sluggishness. I've had a ticket open for months about it and PlusNet still say they're in contact with BT about it. A problem with the VLAN I connect into was mentioned.
In addition about a month ago my ds synch dropped back to 67 for no apparent reason. I didn't think this was acceptable and PlusNet didn't. Openreach came out and said it was acceptable. I said it wasn't and PlusNet agreed on that. Openreach tested my line, reset DLM, no difference. Then did a 'lift and shift' moving me to another port in my cab and suddenly my ds synch went back to what it was originally. All Openreach said was for some reason the port I was on was only giving out that lowered synch now and also they mentioned that most people wouldn't have noticed because they would have been further away from the cab than me and so wouldn't have been able to synch that high anyway. A week or so later although my synch remains as was originally my ds throughput dropped back a few meg and has stayed that way.
Total speculation on my part but I do wonder whether the high end fibre speeds are a limited resource and instead of investing more money in the infrastructure to accommodate new customers they're (not sure if that's BT, PlusNet or both) trying to trim bits of existing customers' services off to accommodate them instead.
cluby123

my internet has been dropping over the past 2 weeks and the phone line went dead.my speeds now are 12mb download well down from well in the 60s i raised a ticket and the pn team was in touch within a day or so they identified a problem out side my property.i have been with plusnet for years without any problems i moved recently so im not worried at this time i am just going to let team get on with what they do best .i have noticed the phone line is back on this morning. Tongue
plusnettony
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 18

@cluby123
Your two problems are most likely to be related, and generally speaking, fixing the phone line will sort everything else for you. If you do have more problems though, let us know so we can sort it.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Tony T
 Plusnet Help Team
St3
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 5

ive got a ticket in also tony which was supposed to be replied to on tuesday with an update but im still left in the dark