Did you mean: 

House move - upload capped

FIXED
Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

Re: House move - upload capped

Thanks @nimdy

I can see that the broadband troubleshooter has automatically reported the fault to BT wholesale, and Openreach have accepted the trouble report about half an hour ago.

I expect an engineer to be assigned within the next couple of days; hopefully before the weekend.

Apologies for the delay.

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
nimdy
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

@Anoush. I've had an engineer visit me this afternoon. He said he was in the area hence the quick response. He's checked the line, both the voice and DSL side and they are perfect. He's confirmed that the line is capable of higher than 40/2 speeds and that the line has been capped on the network. He's recommended I come back to you to check your side again. Please advise.
Anoush
Aspiring Hero

Hmm. Reading through the notes, it looks like the engineer called Openreach to reset the line. The DCoE adviser left the following notes.

confirmed customer profile is 40/2M. GEA test max attain rates show 64.7/17.4Mto end customer equipment. ELC lowest predicted speed is 32.4/9.94M.

I'm not able to test your fibre at the moment, because the fault is still open with BT wholesale. Once it's passed back to us we'll be able to re run tests. If it's still banded, it'll have to come to another engineer I'm afraid. Sad

(FYI your profile on our side is set correctly - Connection Profile:Generic Speed 55000 No Time Out)

I'll check things out tomorrow for you. Apologies for this.

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Is this one of those issues where things get out of sync? Would placing an order to regrade to 40/2 and when that completes re-order the proper package force it through?

jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
nimdy
Rising Star

It may be. I'm not sure how automated their systems are. Based on my other reported issue I'm aware that Plusnet have some manual processes that have failed twice for me. Perhaps these failings have also affected my service. I'm hoping I get some resolution soon as I'm not currently receiving a service I was promised when signing up for another two years.
Anoush
Aspiring Hero

Hello @nimdy

I've looked into your account and I see what the issue is. This refers back to your previous thread with Matty about the incorrect phone number shown on your account details.

When we place orders with BT wholesale, we place them using the CLI (your phone number), and at the time of placing the order I didn't realise the CLI was incorrect on your account, therefore the modify order to 55/10 I placed was against an incorrect asset.

Massive apologies for the issues and I believe that Matty has already fed this matter back to the adviser in question to be dealt with. Moving forward, your account details have been corrected.

I've now placed the modify order against your fibre asset. This is expected to complete next Tuesday (which is essentially the next working day).

We've also checked the back end systems on our side to make sure that the profile is set correctly and I can confirm it is set at 55000 kbps.

Once again, I'm really sorry for this and I will be monitoring your order closely.

nimdy
Rising Star

Fix

Hi @Anoush. I can now confirm that my line has been restored to the 55/10 profile I was promised when I initiated the house move in November. Thank you for fixing this series of issues linked to a customer services data entry issue. I look forward to seeing what @MattyC is able to provide me in terms of compensation for these issues. 

Thanks.

Steve.

MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

On that note, I'll send you a ticket internally shortly.

ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet
Anoush
Aspiring Hero

Great news @nimdy, thanks confirming with us.