Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

House move - upload capped

FIXED
nimdy
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

House move - upload capped

I've just had my fibre broadband switched on in my new house. The router is showing the upload being limited to 2meg. I was syncing at 19-20meg at the old house. I'm aware that new customers get 2meg but I was under the impression that my legacy service still entitles me to 20meg upload. This is what me online account is showing. Please advise.
23 REPLIES 23
Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

Re: House move - upload capped

Hello @nimdy

Sorry to hear your upload speed has dropped. Looking at your account I can see your service was historically provisioned as 40/20.

You were moved to the 55/10 product in September, in line with the notification we sent out back in July/August.

When you re contracted during your house move, your package was changed to the current Unlimited Fibre package we offer, which is 40/2.

As a gesture of goodwill I will be happy to place a modify order to move your service back up to 55/10.

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
nimdy
Rising Star

Hi @Anoush. When extending for another 2 years I was told my existing service would remain at the speed I had at the time. If this is 55/10 then please revert to this. Please could you let me know how long this is likely to take.

Thanks.
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Orders to modify fibre usually take around 1 working day.

Due to the circumstances, we may need to do some manual work following this so the account isn't restricting the speeds from our side, but we'll get this sorted as soon as we can following the completion of the order if it's required.

We'll let you know once the order is complete and if the speeds haven't increased we'll carry out the additional work that may or may not be required following the completion of the order.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
Anoush
Aspiring Hero

Further to Harry's reply, we'll place the modify order once your broadband fibre order completes (Should complete today by midnight).

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
Anoush
Aspiring Hero

Hello @nimdy

I've now placed your modify order to 55/10. As it can take 1 working day to complete, probably looking at next Wednesday when you'll see the increased speeds.

Apologies for the delay.

nimdy
Rising Star

@Anoush. Thank you. That's a shame we won't have the right speed profile over the Christmas period.
Anoush
Aspiring Hero

No probs, many apologies for the delay.

nimdy
Rising Star

Hi @Anoush. Today is Wednesday. Do I need to do anything like restart the router to see the new speed profile? I have done this already this morning with no change. Thanks.
Anoush
Aspiring Hero

Thank you for getting back in touch, I've checked your line and I can see that the router is in sync at 55/10:

xDSL Status Summary

Circuit Sync Status

: In Sync

Downstream Line Rate

: 55.0

Upstream Line Rate

: 10.0

Shouldn't need to reboot as you're on our new network, so the speed profile on your account wouldn't have any bearing on your throughput.

Are you connecting via a wired or wireless connection?

nimdy
Rising Star

I have done speed tests both on wireless and wired devices. Looksike I'm definitely being capped to 40/2.

Could this be linked to my other reported issue of mixed account details showing my phone number as being either in Norfolk or London? https://community.plus.net/t5/My-Account-Billing/Wrong-account-details-online/td-p/1399536
Anoush
Aspiring Hero

I've just tested your broadband again and looking at your profile....

Profile Name 0.128M-40M Downstream, Error Protection Off - 0.128M-2M Upstream, Error Protection Off

...it's banded at 40/2. It's going to require an engineer appointment I'm afraid, to reset the line.

If you can report a fault to us at http://faults.plus.net and let me know once it's raised I'll pick up the ticket for you.

nimdy
Rising Star

Why is this now being treated as a fault when you told me last week it is an ordering issue that can be changed through your BT Openreach systems? If I report this as a fault will I have to wait another three weeks for an engineer?
Anoush
Aspiring Hero

I've placed the order to modify your service from 40/2 to 55/10 which has completed as evidenced by the sync rate above.

The circuit is banded at 40/2 though. Banding is essentially a fault, and at present the only way to reset the line is to arrange an SFI appointment.

I wouldn't think the availability for a fault engineer is 3 weeks. Usually we can arrange one for within a couple of days, which could be next week because of the bank holidays coming up.

Apologies for the inconvenience caused. Sad
nimdy
Rising Star

Hi @Anoush. I have created ticket #140878573 to log the fault. I have mentioned the banding issues in the additional info box.