cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

House move: no internet (but dial tone OK)

micdev42

House move: no internet (but dial tone OK)

Had the SMS saying my service went live at about 11:30 Friday 3 April. Since then no broadband. Unlimited fibre extra. Router - the same one from my previous address - cannot connect. Router is plugged in to BT master socket using the test socket behind the faceplate via a micro filter. There are no extensions, no other equipment connected.

I have tried 2 other routers and they all are the same: they cannot detect any broadband. I have tried 2 other micro filters ditto.

Plusnet has run line checks and say the 'modem is disconnected'. Could there be an exchange / cabinet issue?

This is very frustrating. Please help. On my last support call my call was disconnected.

Dial tone is fine and landline works.

2 REPLIES 2
Terranova667
Pro
Fixes: 5

Re: House move: no internet (but dial tone OK)

Hi and welcome, It may well be that the process has been done on Plusnet's end but Openreach hasn't connected you to the Fibre cab yet, due to the lockdown Openreach isn't running at full capacity so things can be delayed.

If you go here https://www.dslchecker.bt.com/  and enter your phone number then scroll down it will say if there is still an open order and the date it will be completed that will be when Openreach can connect you.

Moderator's note by Dick (Strat): Link fixed.

micdev42

Re: House move: no internet (but dial tone OK)

Hi thanks for that link which I shall note for the future.

scrolling down everything is tagged as “available” which is a bit disappointing!

I am wondering if there could be anything wrong with the master socket? Or does the fact that I have a dial tone mean that it’s ok?