cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

House move, intermittent connectivity for coming up to a month, is cancellation my only option?

tcw
Hooked

House move, intermittent connectivity for coming up to a month, is cancellation my only option?

Hey all, I’ve decided to make a last attempt post here for advice before I simply give up and cancel.

Here’s a rough timeline of what’s been going on: to summarise, since the day we moved in I feel like we’ve been messed around, and no one is particularly bothered about providing us with the service we pay for, I feel like at each stage I am having to chase/suggest things to make _anything_ happen, this is NOT why I chose Plusnet. It’s coming up to a month since I first opened the ticket, and in all honesty I am so fed up of phoning for an update/to make anything happen.

• 01/07/2017 - We moved into our new property - everything was arranged via the home moves team.
  • 05/07/2017 - Engineer came to install line, from memory the engineer had issues and had to refer the issue back to OpenReach for a resolution, this delayed activation.
  • 18/07/2017 - Fibre activation complete, we have service - from what I recall it was intermittent from the day we were connected, initially I was patient, but enough was enough…
  • 21/07/2017 - I first called Plusnet to report intermittent disconnections.
  • 23/07/2017 - I made another call to ask what was happening
  • 24/07/2017 - No connection for most of the day
  • 25/07/2017 - 1st engineer visit - nobody arrives
  • 26/07/2017 - 1st engineer visit (someone arrives on this occasion, and *fixes* the issue)
  • 26/07/2017 - another call to Plusnet, engineer leaves and problem is clearly persisting less than 30 mins after engineer leaves
  • 29/07/2017 - another call to Plusnet, still no update, new router suggested
  • 01/08/2017 - new router arrives (via mail redirection, it was sent to our OLD address)
  • 02/08/2017 - another call to Plusnet, router made no difference whatsoever
  • 05/08/2017 - 2nd engineer visit (he again *fixes* the issue), we came back early from some time away to try and get this resolved before I started a new job the following week.
  • 06/08/2017 - another call to Plusnet, drops still happening frequently
  • 12/08/2017 - 3rd engineer visit to perform lift and shift, specifically requested to not visit the property yet they still arrive
  • 18/08/2017 - 4th engineer visit (he again *fixes* the issue)
  • 18/08/2017 - another call to Plusnet, it’s dropping out again not long after engineer leaves

So from my understanding the following has been replaced

• Router, cables, microfilter
  • Two new master sockets
  • Lift & shift performed
  • Swapped pairs used for line

In all honesty I just don’t really have the motivation to keep pressing further with this, I’ll attach some charts which I received showing the frequency/volume of outages. I moved to Plusnet as I heard the support was great, but in all honesty it’s pretty tiring, I have waited on hold for, in some cases 45-60 minutes, in most cases 30 minutes, every time I want an update. I then speak to someone who, in most cases just doesn’t really seem bothered.

Suggestions are welcome, I am very very close to just cancelling and giving up, Vodafone is offering a much better package, with double the speed, a decent joining gift, at £2 cheaper a month.

5 REPLIES 5
tcw
Hooked

Re: House move, intermittent connectivity for coming up to a month, is cancellation my only option?

Received an update today, Plusnet are now attempting to escalate the issue with OpenReach.

tcw
Hooked

Re: House move, intermittent connectivity for coming up to a month, is cancellation my only option?

@bobpullen would really appreciate some advice here - the issue is still ongoing, and doesn't appear to be progressing at all.

To top it all off I actually had someone drop a call on me yesterday after I got through the security checks, I am really struggling to have patience - though I understand some of this is out of Plusnet hands.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Hi there,

Sorry to see we’ve missed your thread, and of the experience you’re having.

I’ll be happy to take a look into this for you once I’m back in the office tomorrow.

Anoush
From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
tcw
Hooked

@Gandalf it would be very much appreciated.

I am available via phone if needed at any time, and if you need any more information please don't hesitate to call/email or whatever.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

From reviewing your fault report I can see we've raised an escalation with BTwholesale in light of the fact of the multiple engineer visits we've arranged with no resolution. Can you let us know how the next engineer visit goes?

Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Anoush

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet