cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

House move gone to pot. Somebody from Plusnet please help!

mattprince
Grafter

House move gone to pot. Somebody from Plusnet please help!

Hi,
I moved house on the 20th of September so had my fibre cancelled at the old house on Fri 18th Sept and then arranged for it to be installed today at the new property.   I was originally on Fibre but ordered the Fibre Extra as the new house can support the faster speed.
The BT Engineer came at 9:15am , plugged an oscillator into the socket and said he had to go to the exchange. 2pm and still no show. Eventually he came and said he had, had a nightmare and that he had to swap a line over at the exchange as it wasnt good quality.  Thats nearly 5 hours , sat there , waiting for somebody to come back , no phone call to tell me why hes delayed , no explanation , an afternoons work lost as i booked the before 1 appointment for a reason as i have to go back to work at 2. Out of pocket , frustrated and bored , waiting. When he finally got round to the modem/routers,  he got the new BT modem out and connected my new Sagem router. Sat there for half hour rubbing his head as to why the DSL wasnt lighting up. He had plugged the phone line into the router and not the modem. He seemed totally short of knowledge to be honest and admitted he had been on his own for only 2 weeks. I asked why there was no dial tone and was told it will just come on later , probably. I also asked why the speed i was told was 80mb down and 20mb up  (which he confirmed the reading he had got at the cabinet) but i was only getting 36mb down and 11mb up when i tested the wifi there and then and i was told "erm it will just sort itself out".
I called Plusnet to be told that i was still on the old fibre profile  (40) and he was putting me through to somebody who would change it over. I was put on hold for about 40 mins and told that the previous advisor was wrong and i was already on the higher as i always have been. I advised that i knew for certain that this wasnt the case and was told it is fine and that the DLM will start at 40 and gradually go up and up to get a stable speed. When i had the fibre in the old house , it worked backwards and started at 2-3mb more than it eventually settled at so i dont believe his theory.
Can somebody please look into this and set it up your end so that i am definitely on the fastest fibre speeds and sort out the speed difference as 36/11 is a lot lower than 80/20. Not happy at all to be honest as ive spent now in total approximately 2.5hrs on hold sorting silly issues out such as never being notified of the install date, sorting out the move and now sorting out this speed.
Matt
17 REPLIES 17
Terranova667
Pro
Fixes: 5

Re: House move gone to pot. Somebody from Plusnet please help!

Indeed sounds like a Knightmare both the Engineer and the Plusnet agent hadn't a clue, Fibre starts at the maximum and goes downwards if needs be not the other way around ie no 10 day training or any other bedding in period,  hopefully one of the CRT makes a appearance and help sort this out for you.
It's clear the plusnet Agents need far more training or a kick up the backside for giving out false info like this.
SpendLessTime
Hero
Fixes: 86

@mattprince
https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=data_transfer_speed shows the speed Plusnet have set your line to. It will ask for your Plusnet username and password.
Ex - Plusnet Customer (2009 - 2023) now with BT
mattprince
Grafter

Hi,
It says ...
Telephone number:
01142****** (ive hidden the number for security)
Phone exchange:
BENTON
Estimated line speed:
80Mb (Download speed could vary depending on line conditions. Estimates are the maximum speeds that your phone line can support. These speeds are dependent on the package you choose.) - Checked on 2015-10-06 16:19:41
Current line speed:
80 Mb
That isnt my number, not my exchange but the same speed i was told i would get?Huh
Matt
adie:quote
SpendLessTime
Hero
Fixes: 86

That is a dummy number used so that Plusnet staff can set things up. But it would look better if they had your real details and that might solve your issues.
Need some one from the on-line team to look at it. Hopefully they will br around in the daytime.

FYI I have a dummy number against my line as I'm on the FTTP trial and don't have a land line so I'm used to seeing that number and exchange against my details..
Ex - Plusnet Customer (2009 - 2023) now with BT
mattprince
Grafter

Anybody from Plusnet?Huh
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

The phone number will make no difference at all.
Our systems are set correctly as you can see from the line speed being at 80000.
Your line is currently in sync at:
Downstream Speed 64.6 Mbps
Upstream Speed 20.0 Mbps
However the test is reporting this:
Voice Line Test Result Voice fault suspected 
Can you check if there is any noise on the phone line?
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
mattprince
Grafter

Hi,
The line is dead. The engineer was a waste of time. He came up with a cock and bull story that the line at the exchange had to be changed and the number wouldn't work but would later today. He told me the landline number and it was different that I was told when I ordered it.
Also the speed is still only mid 30s down and 12ish up when I do a speed test.
Can you please arrange another engineer (not a trainee) to do the install properly asap.
Matt
Terranova667
Pro
Fixes: 5

fibre FTTC still requires a working phone line so once the line is up and running you should see the speeds as they should be.
Sadly no one has control over who gets sent to do the install be it Openreach themselves or a third party like Kellys or even the Openreach Engineer that gets sent to fix the mess for you,  you just have to hope that the one that bothers to turn up knows what they are doing as you see that is not always the case.
mattprince
Grafter

Anybody else from Plusnet want to shed some light on this?? Put this post up 24hrs ago and still no solution. I have half the speed i was promised, NO phone line at all and every time i ring the customer service number i am told everything is fine.
Really, really poor service  Undecided
mattprince
Grafter

Anyone???
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

If the phone line isn't working it sounds like a fault, have you reported a fault to us?
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
mattprince
Grafter

I thought the forum was way to do it?? I've done it that way in the past and had stuff sorted. I've called customer services 4 times now, had 4 different explanations as how its all ok and I'm getting nowhere. The problem is down to the bodged install by a trainee.
Matt
mattprince
Grafter

I'm on hold to Plusnet and have been for 1hr and 12 mins and counting. The service is disgusting and I am going to cancel when I do eventually get through. Chris has seen my post on here for 2 days and made no attempt to help out. Truly the worst service.
Matt
Clecklad

I usually find webchat is the quickest way to get through if they are busy.