Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

House move fibre connection

izzieobrien
Dabbler

House move fibre connection

Hi
I moved house nearly a month ago now. Last week on the Wednesday my phone line was installed and then I got a message to say that my Broadband was ordered and would be activated this Wednesday just gone (yesterday) any time up to midnight. It didn't activate. I just got a message saying it will not activate by Monday 19th, with no explanation as to why or what happened, whether its actually going to activate Monday or even an apology. I am still paying for this service while all of this is going on! Could someone from Plusnet help me please as I don't have the mental energy left to wait for another half an hour to talk on the phone.
4 REPLIES 4
Baldrick1
Fixes: 418

Re: House move fibre connection

As you have found out, communications from Openreach to Plusnet and from them to to their customer is best described as broken. At least you have received a new date so fingers crossed it will happen then. It all comes down to Openreach technician availability. The simple explanation Is that if Openreach do not have any-one available on the appointed day to make the necescary connection then it does not happen and there's nothing Plusnet can do about it. If you wait until it's live you should find that you're not charged for this waiting time, if you are charged then contact them and I'm sure a refund will be forthcoming. .

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Hi there. Sorry to hear about the delays you're experiencing.

Unfortunately due to engineer availability our suppliers pushed the work back to the 19th.

Apologies that you weren't advised that the 14th wasn't a confirmed date.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
izzieobrien
Dabbler

So will I have to pay for not being able to use my service?
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

It's standard process for the adviser who picks up the ticket after a completed house move to issue a refund of any subscription charges paid for a service you haven't had.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet