Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

House move and legacy product

rk508
Dabbler

House move and legacy product

Hi,

I recently moved house and my fibre connection (activation date is 5/1/17). I was previously on the 55/10 product since August 2016.

Before I moved I called customer services about a house move and whether I would get to keep my existing product. I was told that I would only be able to get one of the current products and I would not be able to transfer the 55/10.

I was also told that the easiest way of doing the move would be to open a new account for my new address and close the account at the old address.

I did as was suggested on the assumption that the legacy 55/10 product could not be transferred my new address and chose the 40/2 product.

However from reading other posts in this forum it appears that the 55/10 could have been transferred, can you confirm if this is the case?

Thanks

rk508

22 REPLIES 22
Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

Re: House move and legacy product

Hello @rk508

Sorry to hear your service has been downgraded to 40/2 since your house move. I've opened your account that linked to your forum details, however, this is a brand new account signed up online.

Do you have another account/can you private message me with your Account Username?

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
rk508
Dabbler

Thanks Anoush, PM sent.

Anoush
Aspiring Hero

Thanks for your PM, I'll be back in touch by the close of day.

And I'm back. Thanks for your patience @rk508

For openness, I'll reply to your private message here.

I've listened to your calls with our CS advisers. To clarify, signing a new account online or moving your service to a new property would take you off the 55/10 package as you'd be agreeing to the package we offer at the time.

As a gesture of goodwill I'll be happy to modify your service back up to 55/10 once your fibre order completes on the 4th January.

(FYI it also probably would have been the same lead time had we proceeded as a house move instead, as an engineer would still be required to perform work at the cabinet on your new line.)

Something I've noticed is that when your previous account was closed, a refund to cover your overcharges wasn't issued. I've raised a ticket to our Billing team to arrange for a cheque refund to be sent out. Apologies for that.

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
rk508
Dabbler

Hi Anoush,

Many thanks for this, I really appreciate it. 

Regards

rk508

Anoush
Aspiring Hero

No problem.

Just an update, I've placed the modify order to 55/10 now. Should complete tomorrow. Smiley

Baldrick1
Fixes: 415

It's this type of excellent response and that which I recently received from HarryB on this forum that keeps me a customer of PN.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

Anoush
Aspiring Hero

No problems @Baldrick1 Happy to hear you're happy with the service we're providing.

If you ever need any more help you know where to find us. Smiley

rk508
Dabbler

Hi Anoush

Thanks for placing the modify order. I noticed that since Friday my router is showing a data rate of 55/10 (screen shot below) which I am guessing is the sync speed. However my download and upload speeds have not changed and remain at 40/2. I have tried both wired and wireless connections as well as restarting the router.

Is there some other change that needs to be made?

Thanks

rk508

screenshot.png

Anoush
Aspiring Hero

I'm testing your broadband and it's banded at 40/2 Sad

Profile Name 0.128M-40M Downstream, Error Protection Off - 0.128M-2M Upstream, Error Protection Off

This will require an engineer to reset the line. If you raise this to us at http://faults.plus.net and let me know afterwards I'll progress the fault.

rk508
Dabbler

Thanks Anoush, I've raised a fault 141501205 

regards

rk508

Anoush
Aspiring Hero

Thanks for raising the fault. I've now updated your ticket. If you let me know on here once you've replied, I'll get the engineer booked in for you.

rk508
Dabbler

Hi Anoush

I've updated the ticket. 

Thanks

rk508

Anoush
Aspiring Hero

Thank you for getting back to us.

I've booked the appointment for this Monday coming between 8am and 1pm. Please feel free to let me know how it goes.

rk508
Dabbler

Thanks Anoush, will let you know how it goes.