Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

House move and legacy product

rk508
Dabbler

Re: House move and legacy product

Hi Anoush,

The engineer just left.

He found no fault with the line and did the reset. However my speeds are unchanged at 40/2 even when plugged into the master test socket. This was tested on wired and wireless.

I did a speed test while he was here to show him and he said that it was syncing at the higher speed so its down my ISP limiting my speed. (It was already syncing at the higher speed since 6th Jan and I did mention this to him when he first arrived).

Please can you check if my connection is still banded or does the reset take time to work?

Thanks

rk508

RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 59

I think this may be a profiling problem rather than banding. PlusNet need to check for a profile mismatch in the BT systems which can happen, the profile has failed to update after your increase in sync speed. I don't think the engineer did a full DLM reset because they are not supposed to if no physical fault has been found and fixed. But it isn't the ISP limiting your speed it's BT's profile. Best of luck getting this sorted.

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

I have a suspicion I know the cause.

Leave it with me.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

Just testing your broadband, and there's no profile info showing. One of my faults colleagues has advised me this can occur if a reset is in progress.

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
rk508
Dabbler

Hi Anoush/Matthew,

Last night I ran some speed tests and found that my speeds are now corresponding to my product and sync rate of 55/10.This happened without a restart of my router.

Out of interest what was the fix for this, was it the engineers reset that took some time or something else?

In any case thanks for all your help on this

rk508

Anoush
Aspiring Hero

Awesome, that's good to hear.

Yeah, I believe the reset just took its time to go through.
This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
rk508
Dabbler

Hi Anoush

I've just received an email to say that I will be charged for the engineers visit in January.

I'm curious as to why this is because I thought my line was banded and he did a reset? My download and upload speeds certainly increased a few hours after he left, so doesn't that mean there was an issue and it got fixed?

Can you let me know how I can dispute this?

Thanks

rk508

Anoush
Aspiring Hero

Hi there, I'm sorry to hear of the charge. Discussing this with my manager we're unsure as to why we're charging you for the visit because it's clear that the service was banded to 40/2 before the visit and then correctly at 55/10 afterwards.

I've arranged for the fee to be written off. Apologies for this.