cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

House Move (or lack of ...)

azztheraz
Grafter

House Move (or lack of ...)

I have had an awful time from the moment I joined PN. Awful line speeds in my previous property. Yet having 8 months remaining on the current contract of standard broadband, I decided to take PN with me as they would sway the cost of a line installation. I decided to upgrade my broadband to fibre because of how much I rely on internet and how bad the standard broadband speeds were at my old property. All booked in for Engineer install on 30th August (TBC). Great..

Or not, on 25th august the house move was received and relevant checks were to be made.

Our Support Team have updated Question 131857497 with the comment shown below.

Dear Mr Edwards,

Good afternoon,

I have reviewed your house move for you today and Openreach are currently carrying out some survey work to determine how much work they need to do for the installation. We are due an update on this issue on the 25/08/2016 so we will call them up for you and keep you updated on any further information that is provided.  

Please do not hesitate to get back in touch online at http://contactus.plus.net or by phone on 0800 432 0200 if we can be of further assistance.

Kind regards, 

[CSA Removed] [Email notification sent to: saedwards1990@gmail.com]

We can't answer Question 131857497 at the moment.

We've placed it on hold until Thursday 25th August 2016. Please see the comment shown below for more information.

Dear Mr Edwards,

**Internal** On hold for an update

This Question is now on hold until Thursday 25th August at 7:00am.

Kind regards, 

[CSA Removed]

And then it got better ...

We've placed it on hold until Sunday 4th September 2016. Please see the comment shown below for more information.

[INTERNAL] Order not yet complete will recheck in 24 hours.

This Question is now on hold until Sunday 4th September at 7:00am.

Kind regards, 

[CSA Removed]

We are now Monday and still nothing. I have read many forum posts about PN's appalling House Move service. I wish I would have heeded the warnings and paid the termination fees.

Oh another point to mention is the that the kind customer service individual who sorted out the new contract for fibre, failed to mention I would be paying a monthly termination cost for the existing 8 months of the last contract. So what he officially quoted me as totally monthly outgoings did not include this, PN can check the call recording if they do not believe me.

Can you hurry up and sort this out and get me back online? I have now used up all of my mobile data, so am completely in the dark to update details of my house move with important services.

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav) CSA names removed as per Forum rules

14 REPLIES 14
chenks76
All Star
Fixes: 12

Re: House Move (or lack of ...)

are you moving to a new build ?
azztheraz
Grafter

Haha I wish. It is a council property to whom the previous tenant was an OAP whom never required a phone line. Hence the need for an install.

azztheraz
Grafter

Apologies for the posting of names, they were merely screen shots. I have had an update because I actually contacted PN.

Hello Aaron,

Account username: [Removed]

We've placed it on hold until Thursday 8th September 2016. Please see the comment shown below for more information.

Dear Mr Edwards,

Good Afternoon,

Thank you for getting in touch, I really do apologise for the long delays.  I do understand how inconvenient this has been for yourself, I have spoken to our suppliers who have advised the original routing is unavailable and they are working to provide an alternative route. They have advised us to review the  order back on the 08-09-2016, I do sincerely apologise that the external work is ongoing.

I do apologise about the delays you have been experiencing regarding your order, If there is anything else that we can help with then please do not hesitate to get back in touch. You can reply to this ticket through the Member Centre or you can call us on 0800 432 0200.

This Question is now on hold until Thursday 8th September at 7:00am.

Kind regards,

So I am still none the wiser as to when, or even IF, I will have a line install or internet in the near future. It seems to me as though PN have offered me a service without first checking with their big brother that they can provide it, just to have me take out broadband and lock me in for another 18 months (oh the joys) ...

I wonder, if in theory, if I went direct to BT and asked them to take control and I will take out services with them, would it take as long as this ....

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): Account username removed from a public forum to an area that staff can see.

jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

In theory, both BT Retail (who you would be dealing with if you went to BT) and Plusnet have exactly the same relationship with BT Wholesale so you should be in the same situation. In practice anecdotal evidence suggests that is not always the case. It may be that BT Retail are more pro-active than Plusnet where it often seems they only do something when prodded.

jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
chenks76
All Star

@azztheraz wrote:

I wonder, if in theory, if I went direct to BT and asked them to take control and I will take out services with them, would it take as long as this ....

probably, yes.
As it's openreach that are causing the delay with the installation.

Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

I do apologies for the delays you've had, unfortunately as it's requiring a new line and routing to be updated it does take longer than a normal activation. Hopefully we'll have a good update on the 8th and will be able to get this progressed for you.

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
azztheraz
Grafter

Update to progress ... or lack of. Line install had been postponed over and over until finally an engineer appointment was booked for 15/09/16 (Thursday) AM. The morning of the engineer visit came .... and went, without a visit or any contact to say there would not be one. The afternoon came and went without any visit. Yes you guessed it, no one came in the evening either. After I waited in all day. I rang PN on the Friday morning. 20 minutes on hold to speak to someone. Another 5 mins on hold while they ran through the account details and reasons for no engineer. Apparently the supplier they had booked to install the phone line cancelled on the morning without notice or reason. Yet PN did not check this and think to notify me. So my whole day was wasted. The PN call centre then told me they would contact their supplier and find the reason as to why they did not complete the visit. 15 mins later they rang back. Apparently the routing for the line was still incomplete so therefore the engineer did not know where to route the line, so did not visit. Surely the job order has to pass certain protocol to even enable an engineer to be booked to complete the installation?? The job order has now been "escalated" to a "priority" job ... apparently. Contact today was that there are 'still active issues' or somewhat to be completed with the line routing and it will be reassessed on Friday 23rd September (escalated?? Priority??). This will have been 24 days since the original order for line install and broadband was placed and booked in for install on the 30/8/16 .....

All PN seem to be doing is apologising. Passing the book. It is our supplier not us ...Its not good enough. I deal with PN not your supplier. If you can not ensure that you can get that order and job done when you say you will, do not give me that date.

Needless to say I am furious. I have sent a formal complaint and expect compensation for the lack of service provided and cost to me financially having to use mobile data, and travel to places of free (unsecure) internet to access important documents needed during an already stressful house move. If an agreement is not reached regarding this then I will take things further.

Heed the warning prospective house move PN customers. DO NOT TAKE THEM WITH YOU. PAY THE TERMINATION FEES AND RUN.

Tags (1)
azztheraz
Grafter

Update to the issue,

Email on Monday regarding they can now book a date for the install. Asking could I give 3 dates where we are availbale for the engineer to visit. I gave the next 3 days in the week. PN then reply on Wednesday that those are unavailable and they have booked us in for the next available date which is Monday 3rd October. This will have been over a month since the first installation was confirmed. They then go on to state that I would be charged £49.99 to rebook the appointment if I failed to give the engineer access .... After an absolute diabolical attempt at providing a service, they still have the audacity to threaten me with a £49.99 charge if I am not able to give the engineer access to the property?! Honestly, words cannot describe the anger I feel towards the appalling manner and unwillingness to help customers. After I will have been waiting over a month for an installation, they have the insolence to tell me I will be charged if I inconvene the engineer?? They are yet to reply regarding any compensation for inconveniencing me! Time wasted, funds I am now without, having to use alternative internet access, and overall appalling service. Yet they seem to believe they will have no comeuppance for this? This is totally beyond me. My complaint will continue and esclate.

azztheraz
Grafter

Another engineer appointment ... another lack of an engineer and no word as to why. I emailed them to suggest I am due compensation of £99.98 for 2 missed appointments (as this is what I would have had to pay had I not been available to give access to the property). An email back suggested that because they waived the £200 line installation cost (which they offered for free ((usually £130 :crazy2)) to get me to stay) it would have more than covered that ....???

So the fact I have been waiting over a month, had to constantly remind them to do their jobs and had two engineer appointments be a totall waste of time, and all they can do is apologise??? I am beyond belief.

My complaint is due to escalate to the head of business improvement at PN. Will see if this shakes them into action .... somehow I doubt it ...

MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

@azztheraz wrote:

My complaint is due to escalate to the head of business improvement at PN. Will see if this shakes them into action .... somehow I doubt it ...

Optimist.  He's done his bit, got your business and cash, no more added value - this year!. 

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

rongtw
Seasoned Hero

head of business improvement at PN. ????? WTF no chance Crazy2  all PN have at the moment is Head of FREE BB offers Buck2

Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
azztheraz
Grafter

Ha my thoughts exactly. Suprised they haven't had me paying from the time the contract was agreed till now.

azztheraz
Grafter

Update ... This is incredible ...

I had an engineer appointment booked (the official first one) nobody turned up. But apparently it was due to routing errors. Job could not be completed etc. Nobody notified me nonetheless. I then had another one booked for 3/10/16 between 8-1pm. I was in the property the whole time. I know I was because I clock watched the whole time. I left the property at 1:45 pm and put a notice on the front door to state to an engineer that they had missed there appointment slot and would now no longer have access to the property. 

Fast forward after I had spoke to PN (at around 1:30pm the same day as the engineer not turning up). I know receive an update on Monday stating that Openreach could not gain access to the property on 3/10/16 :S Apparently they called at 8:30am and 12:30pm :S Like I said earlier I know for a fact I was present the whole time. If you had waited as long as me for a line installation, you would ensure there was no way you could be held responsible for holding up the installation. After all I had complained that I should be due compensation of £99.98 for the 2 missed engineer calls (as it would cost £49.99 to re book). 

So Openreach are bare faced lying. Do you not think it is convenient that the 2 occasions they called happen to be 30 mins after the slot start time and 30 mins before the end of the slot time? It stinks of BULL. If they are adamant that they called (they did not.) Then I will love taking legal action against them. 

On a plus side for PN, they are not at fault this time .... but they still are not out of the woods. It is has now been 6 WEEKS since the order was confirmed. Still no Line Installation and no sign of compensation for the wait either. 

azztheraz
Grafter

We finally have Fibre Broadband and Phone installed 21st October 2016 a full 10 WEEKS?!! after my order and install date. 

But here is the best part ..

Engineer appointment was arranged, for Monday 3rdoctober. No engineer arrived again. PN then proceeded to attempt to charge me for the rescheduled appointment. I refused and asked for a dispute. The photographic evidence was returned by Openreach to confirm that they did attend the property, but the day after PN had told me the appointment was set for.

PN then booked and notified me of another engineer install for wednesday 19th October. We waited in and no engineer arrived. I then contacted customer service regarding this. They checked the correspondance and finally made themselves aware that PLUSNET had in fact given me the incorrect date for the engineer appointment on the 3/10/16, when it was in fact on the 4/10/16. PLUSNET had also failed to inform me of the change of appointment from the 19/10/16 to the 21/10/16.

As it transcends that after all the while I was waiting on the line install from BT Openreach and *missing* appointments, it was in fact PLUSNET not providing the correct appointment details! 

Fast forward to today and I have *resolved* the dispute/claim. Basically because I ran out of patience. PN have refunded my downtime (£51.98) and offered 2 months free broadband. I do not think this quantifies the errors they made, but I am inpatient and fed up of batting the claim back and to. 

Roll on 49 days before the contract ends ....