cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

House Move From Hell

Thepondhouse

House Move From Hell

Been a happy customer for 6 years. Moved house recently and although plusnet was more expensive than other providers wanted to stay with them. What a mistake:
Moved house on 13th Nov. Was told BB would be working on 18th. Called on 17th to confirm all was ok, told yes. No BB on 18th. Called 19th and told the order had accidentally been cancelled so would need to be put through again. Told activation on 26th Nov. Did get BB on 26th....for two days. On 28th it stopped working due to “an old component being deactivated”. Rectified over The phone. On 29th BB stopped again. Called and was told my entire account had been cancelled in error but that it was impossible to undo this error. I had to sign up as a new customer which would take up to 10 days. After agreeing to this further delay, I got the automated update saying our service wouldn’t start for a further 17 days! So a total of a month without service.
When trying to seek a resolution I got conflicting information for all the various teams, also conflicting information about various good will guestures that haven’t materialised, including the line rental saver that I can no longer use as they cancelled my account. Instead of receiving a refund of £130 for this they sent me £50 and are now claiming ignorance that the conversation ever took place!!
Honestly this has been a nightmare. We have very poor mobile signal in our house and so rely on BB for everything.
How do I ensure that the line rental is refunded? How do I ensure there are no further delays.

Moderator's note by Dick (Strat): Personal information removed from a public forum (to an area that staff can see).

2 REPLIES 2
MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

Re: House Move From Hell

@Thepondhouse wrote:

Been a happy customer for 6 years. Moved house recently and although plusnet was more expensive than other providers wanted to stay with them. What a mistake:

Superuser citation

This topic has been cited by one of the Superusers; the purpose of which is to provide a note for information which might help to focus continued discussion (but might not result in a staff response).

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

OllieC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Re: House Move From Hell

Hi @Thepondhouse

We're really sorry about your experience and I have ownership of your complaint as agreed. 

Kind Regards