cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Horrific for new customer

cccokeley

Horrific for new customer

I have raised a complaint about service and I am switching now after being a customer for less than 2 days.
It is unacceptable for services to not work on the day agreed in contract, therefore I will be chasing a refund for my services as well as switching the service to a different provider. Although calling for over an hour and being passed to the MOBILE team during one call, I have had an engineer appointment booked for tomorrow and am very doubtful it will get fixed until monday but this is still unacceptable for a new customer, my work relies on having a broadband connection which was most definitely not provided from a contractual perspective.

Extremely poor quality of service (read as NO SERVICE AT ALL) from a new customer perspective.

11 REPLIES 11
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Re: Horrific for new customer

Thanks for your post @cccokeley 

I'm sorry to see your service doesn't work following the order completing. I'm afraid that while we'd love for everything to go smoothly, problems can occur at any point in time although disappointing that you're experiencing a fault at the beginning. We wouldn't be in a position to discuss waiving early termination fees until we've first had an opportunity to fix.

I can see you've got an engineer booked in for tomorrow morning so I'm quietly confident you'll be up and running then, unless the engineer finds a problem they can't fix on the day. Sometimes that can happen. However we'll follow things up with you after the visit and do our best to get everything working as soon as possible. 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
cccokeley

In response to the "early termination fee" contractually plusnet are now in breach of the agreement as i am not receiving any service from the live date, and any one in the legal field will see it as the same, i will not pay your extortion and if any attempt of this charge is received a case will be opened with the onbudsman with all evidence presented clearly.

for a company to not provide on the day contractually agreed is like you buying a car turning up to the garage and them telling you oh we haven't put it together yet, do you need it right now?

See it from a new customers point of view.... early termination fee's hmmmm very shady right there for a nonworking service from the start!.

Baldrick1
Fixes: 418

Deleted

@Gandalf  is on the case.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

I understand what you've said but the service we provide isn't guaranteed as things can go wrong, but once we're made aware of a problem we'll do our best to fix it as soon as we can and put things right.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Gel
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 29

calm down dear as Michael Winner would have said!

PN are dependent on a 3rd party contractor, namely Open Reach to provide your connectivity.. enough said.

cccokeley

fabrication.png

Oh, and before I wait for the engineer to come tomorrow, do you care to explain this complete fabrication?

How would there be a testable download speed when there is no connection?

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

That's the default speed for your package. It'll automatically adjust to the IP profile / sync speed when you're up and running.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Moderators Note
This topic has been moved from ADSL Broadband to Fibre Broadband.
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
cccokeley

I have since cancelled my account and subsequently the DD associated with it and will pay the £103 fee Monday and raise it with the ombudsman the same day.

Great customer service is not a substitute for no physical service on the start date.

Horrible company.

I have nothing else to say on this situation.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Sorry to hear this. I do think it'd take longer to get up and running with another provider compared to waiting for an engineer tomorrow. In addition you won't be able to go to the Ombudsman unless your complaint's been open for 56 days or we've agreed there's nothing further we can do and we're in a position of deadlock. 

There's more information on our complaints process Here.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Baldrick1
Fixes: 418

@cccokeley 

I have no doubt that you do not care what others think but perhaps when you have calmed down you will think to yourself "have I behaved and acted sensibly here or have I just cut off my nose to spite my face?".

Good luck with your new ISP, or is it the new ISP that will need luck?

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'