cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Horrendous customer service. How to cancel quickly?

JRC
Hooked

Horrendous customer service. How to cancel quickly?

Hi all,

I recently switched to Plusnet and after a month of appalling speeds, almost impossible to reach customer service, and generally being ignored, I have had enough.

I wish to cancel my contract and expect a refund for the shocking service I have had to put up with.

(I note that Plusnet seem to have no issues collecting payment) 

I intend to switch to Zen broadband. Can someone please advise how to end my Plusnet contract quickly, bearing in mind it is damn near impossible to actually reach anyone at Plusnet. 

As of today - live chat is off, customer service are not accepting any customer calls, and adding notes to the fault log via the online wizard seems to be the only avenue of communication open, although a reply is rarely forthcoming.

The entire situation is laughably poor. 

Any and all suggestions welcome, especially those involving Ofcom, the media, or tracking down the Managing Director and giving them a slap.

This has not been a good month!

JC 

10 REPLIES 10
Baldrick1
Fixes: 415

Re: Horrendous customer service. How to cancel quickly?

@JRC 

Good luck with cancelling. This will tell you who is 'in charge'. https://www.prolificnorth.co.uk/news/technology-news/2019/11/plusnet-ceo-steps-down-company-moves-bt...

Live chat is permanently offline. Ofcom will not get involved in individual disputes but simply 'log' any complaint.

If you cancel or stop your DD you will find yourself hit with cancellation charges and the outstanding 'debt' passed to debt collectors with the same efficiency as is directed at signing up new customers and billing (assuming that the billing system is working, which is not always the case).

I would anticipate that a Plusnet staffer will come along soon, hopefully to assist you.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

JRC
Hooked

Thanks for the feedback Baldrick, 

I'd like to say I was expecting something more positive but a mere month as a Plusnet customer  has left me dreadfully jaded.

You wouldn't have an email for Marc Allera I suppose? 

I always feel that senior management should be party to the gripes and moans of their customers, even if they are likely to ignore it. (Why should I be the only one having their time wasted).

Frankly I'm finding the whole setup has more than a whiff of criminality to it, making it difficult if not impossible to contact your company, while insisting payments are made for non-provided services - oh dear..

I hope one of these staffers you speak of will come riding to the rescue soon!

JC

G3WYP
Rising Star

JRC

You might find this helpful

https://www.ceoemail.com/index-search.php

Derek

JRC
Hooked

Thank you Derek,

if only Plusnet were as helpful and quick to respond as the people on here, I'm sure we would all be happy, loyal customers.

JC   

Baldrick1

@JRC 

That's how it was when many of us joined. Then BT bought the company and turned it into their budget offering.  There are some vey helpful staffers still around but they are thin on the ground and only have one pair of hands.

Moderator and Customer

JRC
Hooked

I'm impressed with your loyalty and staying power. 

Falling standards with customer service means I tend to operate a 'three strikes and you're out' policy with companies, and Plusnet have had their three.

I knew BT had bought Plusnet out but had hopes it was being run as an arms's length operation allowing Plusnet to do it's thing without being dragged down to BT's level. I guess that was wishful thinking.

I have to sign off now, but thank you all for your input. If any of these helpful staffers are out there my original complaint was 

#205296288 and I will try and log back in tomorrow evening. 

JC 

EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Hi @JRC,

I'm sorry for the inconvenience that the speed issue has caused you and for the poor experience that you have had in regards to contacting our faults team.

I gave you a call to discuss this, apologies for missing you today. I will give you another call tomorrow or I can reply in writing if you'd prefer.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team
Baldrick1

@JRC wrote:

I'm impressed with your loyalty and staying power. 

It goes like this:

Plusnet is a budget provider and their charges compare well with other budget ISPs.

The infrastructure is the same as is used by the much more expensive providers. The advantage from going up market is therefore limited to allegedly better customer services.

If you have a good broadband connection and the billing system for your particular account is set up correctly then everything works and you have no reason to contact customer services. Hence you are paying more for no more than the reassurance that effective help should be available should you need it.

Finger crossed, things currently work for me and on the odd occasion when I have needed help I have received it via this forum either from advice from fellow customers or action by one of the Plusnet staffers. Where I feel many go wrong is not to come to this forum for help until they are totally fed up with Plusnet and just want to vent their frustration.

Hopefully @EmilyD will resolve your problems

Moderator and Customer

JRC
Hooked

Hi Emily,
Thank you for your response.
Unfortunately I'm currently traveling with only sporadic internet access.
If you could reply in writing that would be appreciated.
EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Hi @JRC,

Thank you for confirming that. I've added a reply to the ticket here.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team