Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home Hub One: Gigabit ethernet hanging

lscolman
Hooked

Home Hub One: Gigabit ethernet hanging

Hi,

I've recently cut over to fibre broadband, and had been using a BT Homehub 5 previously, but have managed to confirm that the Home Hub One is constantly hanging when I send high bit rate movies via the gigabit ports.

There is no hanging when I revert back to using the BT home hub 5.

As the devices are essentially the same, I can only assume it's down to firmware.

Hope this helps others that may have encountered this issue.

Cheers, Lee

3 REPLIES 3
bartstope
Grafter

Re: Home Hub One: Gigabit ethernet hanging

if it's any consolation, i have also noticed this when copying large files across the network with each device going through the hub, the performance of the network dies including wifi performance when access when accessing just broadband. even the hubs interface is very sluggish.

i guess the hub one being a consumer device they made some sacrifices with the backplane speed and capacity.

i can't imagine many home routers being any different and they'll all get choked if there is a lot going on - connecting your devices together with a decent 1gb switch is probably going to be the easiest fix.... that's what i'm going to do.

bill888
Champion
Fixes: 38

Out of curiosity, is your BT Home Hub 5 a 'Type A' or 'Type B'  variant ?

ex-Plusnet (ADSL, FTTC) 2008-2023. now BT (FTTP) 2023-
lscolman
Hooked

It's a Type A. I'm guessing that as the Homehub firmware is more mature, it's working as expected.