Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hola and Plusnet fibre

NorthEasterner
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

Hola and Plusnet fibre

Hi
So we have Hola better internet addon on Chrome and has always worked fine and no problems. However since moving from BT to Plusnet, I've found the browsing experience and video playback always buffering via Hola extremely bad.  I know this isn't a computer fault as it happens across all of my devices using Hola.
Is this a known issue, or is Plusnet slowing it down?
NE.
Ex Plusnet Fibre customer. Sky Ultrafast (G.Fast) Customer using a Sky Hub 4.2. If you wish to say thanks, please click the thumbs up Thumbs_Up
4 REPLIES 4
NorthEasterner
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

Re: Hola and Plusnet fibre

Anyone?
Ex Plusnet Fibre customer. Sky Ultrafast (G.Fast) Customer using a Sky Hub 4.2. If you wish to say thanks, please click the thumbs up Thumbs_Up
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Sorry, not something I know about if I'm honest. We don't put rate limits on any service on the Unlimited products, so we certainly shouldn't be slowing it down.

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

It's a peer to peer tor substitute.
There's so much that could be wrong.
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
sjptd
Grafter

I've just watched a little bit of hulu content via hola without too many issues (other than adblocking and not having a longin; which are orthogonal issues)