cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hobnobs from plusnet.

rkhost

Hobnobs from plusnet.

My fibre install box arrived with the router and cables - but looking at the front cover of the manual.... I notice my box was missing the hobnobs and teabag?
Has anyone else had problems with missing snacks in the box?
Obviously the mug is not included (only an idiot would expect to be provided with a mug!) - since it would not fit in the letterbox friendly size.
Shocked
So far with my fibre-unlimited I still must use my mobile-phone network (three) to get video-chat-skype to work during early-to-mid evening each day!
After around 10pm I can use the fibre broadband.
Clearly there are congestion issues with my neighbours?   http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,139572.0.html
Either that or QoS jollies on the PN / BT network.?
Undecided
Can I configure my QoS settings inside the PN router they provided? Or should I buy an alternative one (netgear?)
Smiley
5 REPLIES 5
catelliott
Grafter

Re: Hobnobs from plusnet.

Oh dear! Looks like this might have been a bit of a supply problem with our Tea and Biscuit department Smiley I hope you managed to source a brew and nibbles elsewhere!
With regards to configuring your QoS settings, in all honesty I wouldn't try it on your Plusnet router as it isn't geared for changes that advanced. You'd probably be better looking into a higher spec router if this is the sort of thing that you're after.
supernova1
Grafter

If you look closely, there is a "cut here" symbol round the biscuits and tea bag.
Cut out the biscuits and tea bag from the manual and enjoy a tasty snack while waiting for the router to configure.
  Grin
rkhost

Trying that now thanks!
Still waiting on the tea to brew... Roll_eyes  but the biscuit tastes not too bad - rather like an arrowroot?
dick:quote
supernova1
Grafter

I found that the tea brewed perfectly to my liking...... but then I do like my tea weak.
The biscuit was also idealy suited as it took slightly longer to consume than a 'standard' biscuit... in fact at a perfect ratio of 1:1 (1 buiscut to 1 cup of tea) AND was very low in fat Grin
Well done Plusnet for such a well thought out installation kit.
I can't wait till I can order my FTTP kit.
catelliott
Grafter

I can't wait till I can order my FTTP kit.

**Tea and biscuits sold separately Grin