cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Highly dissapointed with this service and the lies

Siddy
Grafter

Highly dissapointed with this service and the lies

Had packet loss back in august you fixed that by moving me off the [-Censored-] server and now you seemed to of moved me back onto it, i do not understand you idiotcy in that. In fact i can not even believe you claimed you even fixed the issue when clearly you have not

Thats now, fainling to install my services on the correct date so i was without internet for over a month and now a serivvce that is shockly bad along with the customer support you seem to rant and rave about.

I would like to know what your answer is into fixing this issue that has now gone on for four months. And no i dont want the [-Censored-] that "we are working on it" or "this is a different issue" because lets be honest its the same god damn issue and from what i have seen you do not know what you are doing.

Personally i should be allowed to leabe you fee free because you are not delievering what you say you will. Im fed upw ith the poor service and customer support.

15 REPLIES 15
Excalibre68
Rising Star

Re: Highly dissapointed with this service and the lies

You are not alone m8.

I've been stuck with these idiots for 18 months and never had a stable connection for more than a month.

Last problem took me 3 months of complaints to get sorted.

And now I'm in the same boat again trying to get the same problem I had before fixed.

Luckily my contract is ending soon and I'll be leaving these idiots faster than rats leaving a sinking ship.

Asus Rampage V Extreme X99 , Intel i7 5960X @ 4.7Ghz , 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3200Mhz
Corsair Dual Loop Liquid Cooling , 480Gb Samsung EVO 850 HDD , WD 2Tb Hybrid HDD
EVGA 980Ti Classified , Creative Recon 3D Sound , Corsair HX1200i PSU
Logitech Z5500 5.1 Sound System , Corsair Graphite 760T Case
Siddy
Grafter

I plan on leaving too, ive had enough of it. Inability to install on the correct date and now this issue for over 4 months, a fix that never fixed anything and custoemrs yet again complaining.

They might as well call themselfs talktalk with how bad they are.

Bean
Hooked

Yes me too!! Cannot believe how bad they have got .

Siddy
Grafter

So no reply here surprise, surprise so i called up disconnections who told me when my contract ends and asked me to speak to the dreadful tech support.

Yeh here is what you do you open up a ten year old program called Cmd, you then ping 8.8.8.8 let it run for a whole 2 seconds and he says "You dont have packet loss" so you ask him if he is calling you a lier and he says no, but you dont have packet loss from his testing and you providing screenshots to say otherwise is not sufficent.

I am now making a complaint to CISAS: https://www.cedr.com/cisas/ as i do not believe it is right to charge the customer to leave when the company has had a fault for 4 months and denies everything about it.

Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Hi Siddy,

We're not trying to say there is no issue, however I don't believe that the advice you were provided on the phone was correct. I'm informed that google have ICMP rate limits which may give incorrect readings on packet loss.

Are you able to use a different host to ping/trace to such as pingbox1.thinkbroadband.com or one of the pingtest.net hosts please?

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Siddy
Grafter

What would you like? Amazon? Plusnet? BBC?

Either way they will all come back with packetloss, i can even load up my game in fact i just have and turned on the graph they supply you with and every few seconds i get packet loss. (link provided below).

As i said i spoke to your support who did a whopping 5 second test to determine im talking rubbish but hey, at least i finallt got it to say i have packet loss.

Ping Plotter + Cmd prompt (unreliable): http://i.imgur.com/ryJlQet.png
In game graph: http://i.imgur.com/FDVXoWh.png

Will update with ping test, this could take a while as i need to get cmd prompt to say i have packet loss...
Pingtest.net: http://i.imgur.com/L1EkMZo.png

Btw where do i find my account number i need it for this Cisas form

Siddy
Grafter

Well thats nice my post was just deleted after i ask which sites you want me and provide evidence so lets try again.
Any site yu want me to use will come back with packet loss.

Ping plotter + Cmd prompt - http://i.imgur.com/ryJlQet.png
bf4 grah done today - http://i.imgur.com/FDVXoWh.png
pingtest.net - http://i.imgur.com/nDO2wis.png

I also need my account number for this cisas form where do i find that?

Siddy
Grafter

So two hours later Chris replys with that my messages were caught in a Spam filter, unfortunatly i have since asked for the thread to be closed as i have started the complaint procedure with Cisas.

I have had enough and wish to leave plusnet but can not without paying £57.20 when it is their service that is broke.

Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Hi Siddy,

Unfortunately your posts did hit the spam filter, sorry about that. As you can see they've been released now.

We're happy to help with the issues, however I'll be surprised if CISAS will accept your case as they do ask for a complaint to be open for 8 weeks first without resolution and unfortunately you reported this to us today.

Are you able to use a different host to ping/trace to such as pingbox1.thinkbroadband.com or one of the pingtest.net hosts please?

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Siddy
Grafter

10/08/2016 is when it all started also i have spoken to you guys multiple times and where has it gotten me? no where.

Siddy
Grafter

10-08-2016 5:10 PM

Im dissapointed with Pn.

I have not recieved any emails stating that their would be a distruption with my services or that i may be affected.

The only email i got was about my line rental going up another £1 and that they were expanding their network in fact here is what it said "We’ve boosted our network We’ve made our network even more reliable so you can enjoy doing all the things you love online without interruption." So far that email has been wrong, its unreliable and disruptive to their users yet their has been nothing from plusnet about this disruption.

It has now been a week with a disruptive service and the only way i found out their was plusnets fault was by visiting the forums, for the past week i have been trying to figure out what was wrong with my internet and the game i play and after much debate with myself i decided to re-install my whole computer incase their was something wrong with the filesystem or something installed that should not of been. But no, it was plusnet being quiet about an issue they created and me backing up over 60gb of files was just a waste of my time (thanks plusnet).

Anyway moan over, does anyone know whats in the agreement in reagerds to distriptive service? Or do we have the privelidge of paying full price for this.

Source:https://community.plus.net/t5/Fibre-Broadband/High-packet-loss-and-other-DNS-issues/td-p/1354749/pag...

Siddy
Grafter

During testing it does not appear to be a network issue. I have tested the service and it shows no errors with the data integrity on your line. As a result of this I have sent out an alternate router for you to test the connection with since you're still in contract. Keep us updated if there's still an issue after testing and we'll investigate further if need be. The router will arrive within 3 - 5 days.
Item
Plusnet Hub One
Siddy
Grafter

http://www.thinkbroadband.com/ping/share/25ee1c5b258f85ed798755c8597af9bd.html

Pingbox1thinkbroadband was a blank page so im guessing you mean this chart thing.

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

I think Chris was talking about pinging the pingbox hostname via command line or similar rather than browsing to it.

Anyway, is that your chart? If so, it shows evidence of a problem we're aware of that's affecting downstream traffic for a very small volume of customers. A disconnect/reconnect is likely to sort it but it looks like you might have already done this?

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵