cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

High ping in certain games, high packet loss

ah1
Dabbler

Re: High ping in certain games, high packet loss

I can't even load websites on Plusnet anymore. 

Getting 7300ms ping to UK TeamSpeak servers, 71% packet loss. Holy [-Censored-], fire your network 'engineers'.

AvengerUK01
Rising Star

I've just been given a static IP it seems. I also rebooted my router, currently 0% packetloss....

ah1
Dabbler

How did you manage that?

AvengerUK01
Rising Star

It just happened. I was getting 70-80% packetloss to the point where nothing would work - so I rebooted the router, then noticed i had 0% - checked my plusnet account page, there it was, static IP ....

I should note - while packet loss is gone, the speed is only about 1mb/s instead of the usual 5.8mb/s for my line.

AvengerUK01
Rising Star

Sorry...

I spoke too soon..

Back to 30% loss and download speeds plummiting once more

martski

I play world of tanks most days. I've had a few isolated disconnections in the past week or so but tonight it's unplayable. Connections drop in game and when I eventually do re-connect the latency is terrible - over 1000ms at times. No other players are getting this issue tonight and my wife's laptop is connecting ok to facebook etc. I came to plusnet because of a bad gaming experience elsewhere, I really don't want to go elsewhere but if this carries on I'm changing.

huntlol
Dabbler

i restarted my router and now i cant load any pages on any device, tried restarting it again and even checking the wires. What the hell have you guys done? I need to use my phone as a 4g hotspot. Very disappointed in this service, either i get extremely high packet loss or the internet doesn't work at all.

huntlol
Dabbler

plusnet is this a problem with the router? it connects to the internet fine and it has a blue light but i cant load any webpage.

nightstalk3r
Rising Star

BT have broken it during the maintenance at 3am
KS25
Grafter

@nightstalk3r wrote:
BT have broken it during the maintenance at 3am

nothing but problems on this new network, what benefit is it meant to be for us exactly? the cables in the ground are all the same, what will change when it's all "fixed"

nightstalk3r
Rising Star

In the case of this mornings issue it doesnt matter what network you are on, even ADSL customers are effected.
KS25
Grafter

@nightstalk3r wrote:
In the case of this mornings issue it doesnt matter what network you are on, even ADSL customers are effected.

mainly referring to the slew of issues besides the erratic connection during this maintenance

AvengerUK01
Rising Star

Couldn't load pages this morning after the maintenance. 

e24e627bfed3e23140388b4c403e64c9

huntlol
Dabbler

turned off my router and waited for maintenance to finish, no change. Still get 10000 ping in rust and i tried going on a server that my friend hosts who lives extremely close me and similar results. Still get lag spikes and slower speeds during the evening (same number of devices on the wifi at all times) and sometimes disconnects. I really hope this isnt the "new" network you guys are switching to because its still terrible.