cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

High packet loss and reduced connection speed since evening of 2018-09-09

froodulous

High packet loss and reduced connection speed since evening of 2018-09-09

Since yesterday evening I have experienced very high rates of packet loss (60-70%) and a reduced connection speed, I think as a result of the packet loss. Additionally, this afternoon I had to power-cycle my router to be able to connect to the internet. What is wrong with my connection? I spotted an openreach van at the cabinet this morning. Don't know if that has anything to do with it.
5 REPLIES 5
TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

Re: High packet loss and reduced connection speed since evening of 2018-09-09

Hi @froodulous,

I've taken a look into your account today and I can see that the connection appears to be frequently dropping out, however upon testing your line, we're unable to detect any external causes for this issue. As this is the case we'll need you to make sure that a fault hasn't developed with any of the internal equipment within the property before we progress the investigation of this fault any further and I would recommend following our online troubleshooting guides for this, which can be found here and here.

The latter link will walk you through how to setup your router within the test socket in your property and this is one o the best methods we can use to determine the location of the fault.

Please let us know how this goes and if you continue to experience any further issues after carrying out the troubleshooting steps so that we can investigate further if needs be.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

@TheMightyAJ There's a problem with the second link.

Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

Thanks for pointing this out @Strat! This has been corrected now. Smiley

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team
froodulous

Thanks for the replies. I am running a ping test again this evening and things seem to have returned to normal. I will try the tests you linked to if it happens again to see if I can identify a cause.
EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Hi @froodulous,

Thank you for the update, I'm glad to hear that your connection looks to have returned to normal now. Please let us know if you experience any further connection issues or if there's anything else that you'd like to discuss.

Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team