cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

High packet loss and other DNS issues

NiM
Grafter

Re: High packet loss and other DNS issues

I'm still seeing some packet loss this morning, comparable with other days at this time. I guess time will tell if it's as bad, or if it's just an anomoly - I'm not holding my breath though. I'm still on the 143.159.* range.

Here's a live chart.

http://www.thinkbroadband.com/ping/share/c7a0684804d4612ac87469225b12fcf4.html

eatyourteeth
Grafter

Hate to be the bearer of bad news, (although this might just be for me), but I'm still seeing packet loss, albeit less of it, this might disappear throughout the day. I'll post some tests I've done below.

tracert.pngnetalyzer.png

And any online game I play that utilises net_graph indicates around 1-2% packet loss. I'm still on the 209.** IP if that's any consolation. I'm still seeing time outs from that PN address via tracert. (Please let me know if I've dun-goofed with the screenshots or how I've tested). On a side note, the download speed is a bit lack-luster as well it seems.

TheHorseman
Rising Star

@bobpullen, my packet loss started as usual this morning at just before 09:00 it's the usual 2-3%. If it behaves as usual it will start to increase somewhere between 17:00 and 18:00.

pantsman28
Grafter

I have been quiet on the forum for the past day or so, mainly because of my frustration and lack of proactiveness from Plusnet support team. However since 1am and assuming the new upgrade was implemented the base line packet loss seems to have gone from my connection.

It will be interesting to see how the connection performs during peak time.

My current connection on 209.93.x.x ip range

My Broadband Ping - What

One question, does this mean that all 80/20 fibre connections are now reduced to 50/10 profile rates?

tommygunyeah
Dabbler

I am definetly still getting packet loss. 11% on outgoing TeamSpeak. Twitch streams still lagging.

Same hop as before with the high loss 137.hiper04.sheff.dial.plus.net.uk

I am in the 51.6 range Dynamic IP, VPN resolves issues.

05cee3262328a939e12797f2d7285f87

SpendLessTime
Hero
Fixes: 86

@pantsman28 wrote:

One question, does this mean that all 80/20 fibre connections are now reduced to 50/10 profile rates?

If you are an 80/20 customer, you will stay that way.

The only people on 55/10 are those that were previously on 40/20.

Ex - Plusnet Customer (2009 - 2023) now with BT
TheHorseman
Rising Star

This is my current snapshot graph,

http://www.thinkbroadband.com/ping/share/37746f906c773cde66d0fc676752cd6f-11-08-2016.html
tommygunyeah
Dabbler

So I just got a reply from the Faults team ( 130722238 ) who have tested my service and found no issues. I linked this thread in my original report. Unbelievable, they seriously think that this is all on my end now.

@bobpullen can you shed any light on this?

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

Thanks for the feedback guys, and appreciate everybody's patience. It seems like there's definitely still some work to do. Keep the observations coming throughout the evening and we'll continue with our investigations.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

bunbun
Hooked

I'm still sitting at 5-20% packet loss even after the supposed maintenance that was planned for today, hasn't done a single thing, I set up a faults claim, to which I still have no reply and the maintenance hasn't done a single thing to sort anything out. I've called countless times and all they say is it's my end or to reset my router, no one seems to be taking any responsibility for the same problem tons of people are witnessing and it's to the point where I have no idea what else there is to do, I wonder if they even have anyone looking into this issue at all.

mrw1989

I'm still experiencing exactly the same problems as before. Small packet loss throughout the day, and becoming worse again as we're heading into peak times.

My live broadband monitor graph:

My Broadband Ping - mrw1989

ben01492
Dabbler

Still getting issues with packet loss, it's a complete lagfest on any online game or voice chat (teamspeak 3 to be precise).

I am currently on gate way "psb-ir01" according to this: http://usertools.plus.net/@gateway/

Live BQM:

My Broadband Ping - BW

TheHorseman
Rising Star

Still the same here too.

My Broadband Ping - My Plusnet Connection
davvy76
Grafter

This is mine:

My Broadband Ping - Plusnet

Packet loss not so bad today but latency spikes are creeping up as peak time arrives. Incidently I'm also glued to the 51.6.x.x network (there's no way offf it!) and I complained about various issues re timing out, online gaming and so on nearly a month ago now. I have taken the price increase get out clause but I don't see why I should be expected to pay nigh on £40 for something that doesn't work properly. I'm now on my 3rd router too, from tp-link to technicolor, it's most definitely not my equipment, the issue started with the network change.

Having said all that (touch wood) it seems much better tonight, I'm guessing theres been some maintenance performed?

ben01492
Dabbler

Online gaming and voice chat is impossible atm for me. Nothing but a total lagfest. Very tempted to leave at this point, some good cashback going at BT.

My Broadband Ping - BW