Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

High packet loss and other DNS issues

marcusk
Grafter

Re: Performance Woes Hamper PlusNet Users as New Network Takes Blame

Again, really, happening again.

Just adding my voice to the unsatisfied masses as once again I have to come to this forum to see if the issue I'm experiencing is me or PlusNet, and hey-nonny-nonny it seems to be my provider again.

I'm so bored with these problems, it's beyond tedious.

Time to move on....

AvengerUK01
Rising Star

wow...

5 days and its now officially on the twitter and service status.

Took long enough! 

(I would echo the "time to move on" bits, bit I'm under contract still Sad

jordanc1230
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

@AvengerUK01 I wonder how quick plusnet would move on these faults/problems if Ofcom brought in new rules regarding how long these type of user wide faults can be allowed to go on for before allowing you the option to leave your contract penalty free.

AvengerUK01
Rising Star

A lot quicker I'm sure! 

We can dream.... 

pbsp
Dabbler

Have been putting up with this since August, but it has just reached a new level:

My Broadband Ping - plusnet 3

What on Earth happened at 8am this morning? Normally the bulk of the packet loss is in the evening.

sebjo
Grafter

you have the right to broke your contract is the service provided is in breach oh that contract , contact ombudsman

plusmore
Grafter

Same here

8a21ce188670afef32104d0e2e9acd36-09-09-2016.png

englishbob
Hooked

Plusnet, the next time you want to do a large outage that overruns, then try this on a Saturday night will you. You have cost me a days work because you did this during the working week for maximum disruption. 

sebjo
Grafter

well this morning  i had 84% packet loss , but i still had my 70+Mb speed download ( seems my profile lost 2Mb since i last checked ,i was at 76Mb ) , now even that is gone ...

http://imgur.com/a/TwJXH

after weeksssssssssssssss of being disconnected , and huge packets loss , now speed loss , and can't get in touch with customer service .

jordanc1230
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

@sebjo not as easy as that when you sign up with plusnet they have it in their terms and conditions that they do not guarantee an uninterrupted broadband service. If the problem had been going on for a long time e.g. fault on your line had been going on for weeks/months then you might be able to get out of contract but broadband is not guaranteed by plusnet to be problem free and they make it clear in T&C's so I dowt ombudsman would allow earlier exit of contract.

sebjo
Grafter

this has been going on for weeks and they did not warn anyone , neither recognise that there was something wrong until the community started to scream ,so they are at fault here

Finny
Hooked

I've been having problems for about two weeks now. Very sluggish web page loading and constant lag spikes and disconnections,  while playing World of Warcraft, which I initially put down to the new expansion.

My packet loss varies between 60% -85%, although I did see it drop to 35%, once.

Finny
Hooked

My problems started about two weeks ago. Very sluggish web page loading, constant lag spikes and DC's while Playing World of Warcraft - which I originally put down to the new expansion release. The last few days these problems have increased quite  dramatically.

My packet loss varies between 60% and 85% although I did see 30%, once.

Menace
Hooked

Glad to see I'm not the only one having these issues! They started a couple of weeks ago for me, but have progressively got worse. Before, it only happened during the evening (from about 5 PM) but, since yesterday, it has lasted all day! It has made it impossible for me to play some online games (such as San Andreas Multiplayer). Strangely, other games, such as Battlefield 4, are unaffected. 

gwillym
Grafter

Given that I'm getting > 75% packet loss - averaged over a few days, does that mean I should get a rebate on my bill of 75%, given that only 25 % of my work gets through?