cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

High packet loss and other DNS issues

kregler
Hooked

Re: High packet loss and other DNS issues

thanks for the info. What's the 8 week period and when can i start it or can I just complain to the Ombudsman now?

Not what I expected to be doing after only being with PN for two weeks though!

kregler
Hooked

Just looked in to the complaints proceedure and can see where the 8 weeks comes in. Fault was raised yesterday (well, via online chat as I was unable to access faults.plus.net at all!) so will give them 8 weeks from yesterday.

mtwbath
Dabbler

This is the latest from PN

"We have resolved the network issue by replacing hardware and we have minimal contact from our customer base about this now. I acknowledge you provided a community forum thread where there are some exceptions of customers still experiencing problems with their service but we would diagnose these on a 1-2-1 basis now."

So it took them months to (perhaps) resolve the packet loss issue. But form some ( perhaps) the dropouts and poor service remain. At present they are saying this is a new problem the are resolving - but after now 10 weeks of rubbish service and 6 weeks of complaining I still have a useless system. They refuse to offer a deadlock code so hence two more weeks and I can take the complaint outside for an independent assessment. I will be using this forum as evidence of the scale of the problem. And should I get a successful resolution post it on here so everyone can refer to it    

rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

mtwbath ?  where did you get that latest  info from about PN ? 
it has not been posted here Roll_eyes
Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
mtwbath
Dabbler

A long and on going dialogue with PN complaint . here is another excerpt from a reply from PN on 16/9

I do acknowledge the problem is still ongoing I believe our incident management team were naive to state it had been resolved. We are still seeing an influx of customers contacting us on the back of the recent incident that has all been tied together due to the problem with the new RSN network. 
A measure has been put in place to bypass part of the network which we deem to be the problem and we have seen a fall in customers reporting these data transfer issues since the change which was confirmed yesterday, the 16/9.  

They believe they have fixed it but I still have an unusable service - I am trying to run continuous service assessment software as they are now trying to say there is now a different problem - which some customers still have - yes maybe a fall in customer complaints but still many I suspect .  I have been offered £50 compensation so far - though having had PN put the phone down on me after waiting the usual hour + that seems scant compensation to me!    

rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

HOW ??  can it be fixed if they have to bypass part of the network Crazy2

Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
mtwbath
Dabbler

Who knows ?  maybe some sort of additional "management"   But of course they wont admit anything and especially any failings to customers. But hopefully the will to arbitration or ombudsman - of if necessary in court.

The situation is pretty clear in UK law - customers pay for a service/product, customers fail to get service/product and complains, supplier has sensible time to rectify situation but has to compensate customer for loss of service ( and/or release them from contract) and if service/product not satisfactory then customer seeks redress through arbitration and or court action.

Of course a good service or product manufacturer puts up its hand and admits deficiencies early on, says sorry compensates customers and is easy to contact and keeps customers informed.....  a bad one has a customer service that is impossible to contact and denies everything ..... they just lose out eventually when they get arbitration judgements against them and this becomes well known. Only way to do that is keep complaining.......          

St3
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 5

Plusnet should be keeping us all upto date via this post, plusnet was very much involved with this post at the begining, now they seam to have disappeared.

Would be nice to get some sort of feedback on how the new network is coming along... rather than leaving customers in the dark.

nikkiwarrenuk

This may sound dim but is this loss of connection. I joined PlusNet last month and have fibre unlimited, the connection is terrible and when doing a speed test it totally drops down, you can see massive spaces.
After talking to PlusNet several times they have made me go into settings and change the channels I use but to no avail.
Also I have a hub one and my son has a lousy wi-fi connection upstairs yet with sky it was perfect.
If i'm using my mobile phone 2 yards away from my router then its quicker to use mobile broadband as with wi-fi it always seems to be buffering Sad

arspin

Speeds up in real usage now , averaging 7.64MB/s for 35GB in download from BTOR FTTC router  to plusnet router to ethernet over powerline  to  hard disk which is a major test, and i think i'm still on static from the ptw-bng01. Can't ask anymore than that so I love plusnet right now.

Youtube is peaking at 7.9MB/s just filling up the buffer, even 4k has 15 seconds on the buffer now.

tracert plus.net

Tracing route to plus.net [212.159.8.2]
over a maximum of 30 hops:

1     6 ms     4 ms     8 ms  192.168.1.254
  2    15 ms    13 ms    16 ms  lo0.11.central11.ptw-bng01.plus.net [195.166.128
.171]
  3    17 ms    18 ms    15 ms  irb.11.PTW-CR01.plus.net [84.93.249.17]
  4    17 ms    13 ms    16 ms  te9-4.ptn-gw01.plus.net [195.166.129.33]
  5    26 ms    27 ms    30 ms  gi5-1.peh-cr02.plus.net [84.93.232.61]
  6    28 ms    26 ms    25 ms  reth1.peh-elbfw.plus.net [84.92.0.103]
  7    98 ms    27 ms    29 ms  10.104.0.53
  8    23 ms    28 ms    31 ms  portal.plus.net [212.159.8.2]

acemathias
Dabbler

Having done further testing, there appears to be a problem with the line as speeds are now terrible. Please see my post here:
https://community.plus.net/t5/Fibre-Broadband/Poor-Speed/m-p/1374391#M48354

shevek
Grafter

Has something started happening again this evening..? My current TBB monitor:

My Broadband Ping - Plusnet static

AvengerUK01
Rising Star

I am getting high ping times periodically tonight...so perhaps.

Bob1
Rising Star

@shevek

It's not a universal problem. My monitor has been fine today. I'm on a static as well.

(ptw-bng01 Telehouse West)

2016-10-06_22.06_Broadband Quality Monitor.jpg

yyurchuk05
Dabbler

Guys... It has been alright for couple weeks now. And as of this morning - 30% of packet losses again. Anyone else seeing this?