cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

High packet loss and other DNS issues

belcebuu
Hooked

Re: Packet loss

This is a joke, I am in the same situation, opened a ticket and the support guys are testing my line with static ip on saying that the line is fixed there is no packet loss. 

To whom I have to ask to keep the static IP for free until the fix the routing problem ?

bill888
Champion
Fixes: 38

fwiw, looks like Plusnet planning some network maintenance this  Friday 1am - 7am.

http://www.plus.net/supportpages.html?a=2&support_action=maintenance&ispservice_id=adsldial

ex-Plusnet (ADSL, FTTC) 2008-2023. now BT (FTTP) 2023-
watercooled
Grafter

there live chat is down. how convenient 

dnpark38
Rising Star

There is a lot of these type of announcements I'm wondering if these are more moves from old to new network.

http://www.thinkbroadband.com/speedtest/button/1476198475230638155-mini.png
breggles
Hooked

Thanks, will check out that Sky offer. A colleague recommended Zen, who although not the cheapest, apparently have excellent and knowledgeable support.

Just suggested to TheRegister they write a piece about the situation. Maybe drop them a line, as well, at news@theregister.co.uk.

Waiting times on the phone up to an hour, now... Self-service broadband fault reporting wanting me to plug router into test socket, requiring me to screw open the master socket... Not a massive deal, but i really shouldn't have to...

shevek
Grafter

@breggles wrote:

Just suggested to TheRegister they write a piece about the situation. Maybe drop them a line, as well, at news@theregister.co.uk.

They already did: http://www.theregister.co.uk/2016/09/09/plusnet_internet_outage/

puglord1973
Grafter

Just had the following reply to my ticket i raised......

Dear Mr XXXXXXX,

Thank you for your query and sorry to hear you have been having trouble with your connection. I have tried to call you today but unfortunately there was no answer.

I have tested your connection and have not been able to find a physical fault with your line. I can see that you have advised that you are suffering with pack loss and high ping rates. This could be caused by the IP address currently assigned and I have completed a session drop on your connection to assign an alternate IP address. Hopefully this will help.

If you find that the issue is ongoing then please get back to us and attach a copy of a trace route if possible so we can investigate further.

If you believe that the issue has been resolved, please do not reply to this message. Instead, please close the ticket to help us increase our response times for all our customers. Alternately, this ticket will close after 14 days of inactivity.

Please do not hesitate to get back in touch online at http://contactus.plus.net or by phone on 0800 432 0200 or 0345 140 0200 if we can be of further assistance.

Kind regards,

[CSA Removed]

So i'm now on a 46. IP and in the last 3 hours i've had 2 packet drops....see below

Ping_160922_Static_IP_3hrs.jpg

As far as online gaming i've had a good hour or so with just one episode of rubberbanding/lag.......oh and i didnt have to pay for the IP.

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): CSA name removed as per Forum rules

breggles
Hooked

Well, that was more about one specific outage, and what we're seeing now might well be related to that, but I'd like for them to highlight the ongoing misery without any way of getting through to their support (except for spending an hour on the phone).

eatyourteeth
Grafter

My Broadband Ping - eatyourteeth.netV2

And I can confirm I have got packet loss again, even though they said they fixed it for me 2 weeks ago. They fixed it and broke it. Why am I not surprise? Is this some kind of joke that PN is having a good ol' laugh at. It's almost 9 weeks and they still haven't got an answer that is anymore reliable as a bomb shelter made of jelly.

puglord1973
Grafter

Supprt Team have put me on a static IP 41. ip range connected to gateway pcn-ir01 which is located in Colindale Point of Presence.

Pingplotter graphs look a lot better with 2 packet drops in 3 hours but when i play BO3 i still have had the odd freeze/rubberband moment but nowhere near like it was before.

Ping_160922_Static_IP_3hrs.jpg

belcebuu
Hooked

I manage to get into call support and they lied to me saying that static ip address was just 5 pounds paid once and not every month, I had to double check to see that in the control page it says clearly monthly cost 5 pounds...

They just don't inform us but also laugh at our face lying to us!

Browni
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 60

A static IP address is a one off charge of £5. I've got one, I would never have considered it otherwise.

Bob1
Rising Star

@belcebuu wrote:

I manage to get into call support and they lied to me saying that static ip address was just 5 pounds paid once and not every month, I had to double check to see that in the control page it says clearly monthly cost 5 pounds...

It is you who is wrong. Log in and click 'Add Ons'. You will clearly see that a static IP is a one-off £5. Don't confuse this with the 'Pro add on' which is £5 per month. The only people who don't see the £5 one-off option on the Add on page are the people who are already on a static IP.

St3
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 5

Speeds dropped from 62 at 7ish ... im guessing works being carried out.

Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 77

@eatyourteeth what is your problem? Its not showing up on your TBB graph?