cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

High packet loss and other DNS issues

oscarthecat
Dabbler

Re: High packet loss and other DNS issues

Plusnet, I don't get it.  It wouldn't take you more than ten minutes to identify a faulty switch or congestion on your network.  So, what's really going on?  You've under-specified part of the new network?  And you're trying to mask the problem by traffic management?  That's certainly the impression I get with my packet loss which used to start early morning but now has been pushed out towards early evening.  It still means VOIP is problematic for me.

englishbob
Hooked

Has there been any official response on this issue so far? 

Is the person that can fix this back from holiday on Monday?

drunkmunky
Hooked

It f it's a traffic issue, they can probably fix that relatively easy by upgrading what they have. But still, been in the dark for two weeks now. Good times.

davenos
Rising Star

Its certainly looking like traffic management im currently suffering from a 28% packet loss this has been gradualy increasing since 4pm, my ping has increased from 15ms to 31ms http://www.pingtest.net/result/150575378.png

It really is getting ridiculous and its far past the time that PlusNet told us the truth(if thats possible and i have my doubts).

TheHorseman
Rising Star

Replying on the forum as requested by Plusnet C/S, current graph below. As can be seen from the graph something happened 15-20 mins before 3pm latency returned to normal and packet loss vanished, only to return just after 3 and then started to increase.

My Broadband Ping - My Plusnet Connection
ben01492
Dabbler

Shows the exact same on mine too

My Broadband Ping - BW

Ronski
Rising Star

That would of been someone moving the dodgy cable that's causing all the problems Wink

NiM
Grafter

I was also asked to post a graph by the PN support person who rang me earlier. Still getting consistent packet loss, not as bad as it has been, but it's about on a par with what I was getting prior to him resetting it.

9966ecfb81a5bea711883bfa69a50529

# ADDRESS                          	LOSS 	SENT    LAST
 1                                  	100%  	 19	timeout 
 2 137.hiper04.sheff.dial.plus.net.uk 	83%  	 18 	timeout
 3 be3-3104.psb-ir01.plus.net         	0%   	 18  	13.5ms
 4 core1-be1.southbank.ukcore.bt.net   	0%   	 18  	13.1ms
 5 peer1-xe-11-0-1.faraday.ukcore.bt.net   0%    18 	13.3ms
 6 109.159.253.67                   	11%  	 18  	13.8ms
 7 72.14.234.65                     	33%  	 18 	timeout
 8 216.239.57.99                    	5.6%   	 18 	14.7ms
 9 google-public-dns-a.google.com   	33%   	 18 	timeout
10 google-public-dns-a.google.com    	0%    	 3  	14.3ms

eatyourteeth
Grafter

If PN are trying to keep me as a customer, by raising their prices in the upcoming month, having packet loss for upwards of 4-5 weeks, and the phone support is seemingly clueless about what is going on, with everyone being spoken to having no idea of what is being said here,while on the forums where we are told "It's being look into" week in week out.

5e3c3c071b9a31551ddd050a64c9cd62-17-08-2016.png

Oh, and being told "I have investigated into your issue and it appears to me that there may be an issue with the internal setup at your end" i.e that it's an issue on my end by the support team, is getting tiring to say the least. The contract I am on is over, so PN really need to buck their ideas up if they want me staying as their customer. This is probably the harshest I've been while on these forums,but being unable to play online gaming, use voice chat and other things for 4 weeks, feels as if I've been paying for a service which isn't being delivered up to scratch to be quite frank.

TheHorseman
Rising Star

I see that I have a new IP address, so I have started a new TBB monitor, It will be 30-60 mins before I know if anything has changed. The new IP is in the 147.147.x.x range.

jwledwith
Dabbler

I'm seeing lag and packet loss all again - despite some OK performance earlier in the week.

How about Plusnet now live up to their latest TV advert and start getting serious about resolving this and updating questions / tickets with REAL responses please. This is getting tedious with the continuation of this thread where admins say one thing and the support team answering my ticket says a different thing....

Admins: My ticket / question is #130555909 - can someone here please comment on it so your own support team can agree on what the issue is!

UhtredTheBold
Hooked

Yup me too, something happened around 3pm

proxyfirebrick.png

TheHorseman
Rising Star

For Plusnet C/S, my current live graph.

My Broadband Ping - Plusnet;

mac1
Dabbler

and me not as bad as the beginning of the week after reboot running approx 5% packet loss with odd spikes hitting 75%

but next to no loss between 10.00 and 3.00pm

hazzardboy7
Grafter

i was phoned today as well, to be far plusnet must bne workling on this, as they phoned a few of us, which at least is good to know.

he net hasnt been as bed for me as it was yesterday, i have web site pages loading 99% of the time ok, and hardly any buffering on you tube, shame the testws they did with me a little while ago, didnt happen yesterday when the net was awful.