cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

High Speed Broadband checker anomalies anyone?

FIXED
Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

Re: High Speed Broadband checker anomalies anyone?

Apologies. Sad

We should have a provisional date tomorrow morning.

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
wayyoung
Rising Star

I see the Highspeed Broadband Checker is now showing maximum estimated download speeds instead of estimated sync speeds -
Telephighspeed Bone number:
01730******
Phone exchange:
MIDHURST
Estimated line speed:
3.5Mb (Download speed could vary depending on line conditions. Estimates are the maximum speeds that your phone line can support. These speeds are dependent on the package you choose.) - Checked on 2017-01-20 10:24:05
Current line speed:
37 Mb
Anoush
Aspiring Hero

Apologies for the lack of updates. Something I'm in the process of working on.

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
wayyoung
Rising Star

Just read the ticket update. Not impressed. I hope I run into than OR engineer again in the future.

An update for anyone following this.

OR engineer advised cease on PCP3 & re-provide on PCP18. Cease completed. PCP 18 not live. Customer no connection for 8 days 😕

Where do we go from here I wonder...

Anoush
Aspiring Hero

I'm really sorry about this Sad

Our suppliers have advised us that PCP 18 isn't ready. As the line has already been routed to this cabinet, possibly by the engineer initially, they are not able to reprovide on PCP 3.

They've advised that we need to contact Openreach to re route the line back, however this also isn't the correct way of progressing it as the responsibility lies with BT wholesale.

I've passed your account to one of my fault colleagues who has spent hours with them, and they've finally advised they'll get this investigated further.

Once more, I entirely understand your frustration as it's pretty frustrating for us too.

wayyoung
Rising Star

I'm presuming/hoping the rollback to PCP3 is just until PCP18 goes live?
Anoush
Aspiring Hero

I don't see any reason why not, however we're probably going to have to go through this same process. Sad

wayyoung
Rising Star

If I'm going to get speeds anywhere near what BT estimate, then I'd still go through the pain of it again.

In hindsight I think we've both learned a thing or two from this episode that will hopefully avoid a similar repeat in the future.

I'm reading now that PCP18 goes live in April. Wish I'd seen that 2 weeks ago 🙂
Anoush
Aspiring Hero

To be honest, I don't believe reproviding to different cabinets is something we normally offer as things can go wrong.

Having said this, in your case from our point of view we simply raised a speed fault and our suppliers took it from there.

At least we indeed now know in future to make sure the proposed cabinet is ready before the cease completes.

I believe my colleague has advised we're expecting an update within 48 hours.

I'll continue to keep my eye on this.
Anoush
Aspiring Hero

Just an update, I haven't forgotten about this @wayyoung

I had a quick look before I left work and I noticed we didn't get another update by BT today. I'll give my colleague a nudge tomorrow to see if we can get an update on progressing this along.

wayyoung
Rising Star

Thanks @Anoush 🙂
wayyoung
Rising Star

Is someone chasing this up with BTW today?

I'm now on day 10 without a connection 😞
Anoush
Aspiring Hero

Apologies for the lack of updates. Honestly, we're experiencing some problems with raising/chasing faults with BT wholesale at the moment due to system issues. Sad

All being well, I'll make sure it's picked up and chased for you tomorrow.

wayyoung
Rising Star

I understand your point about system issues.

Not very promising for me though.

And so into week 3 it would seem with little sight of a resolution 😞
Anoush
Aspiring Hero

I appreciate it's been ongoing for too long, and all you wanted was just more speed. Probably the worst outcome of an engineer visit in my opinion.

Still no updates from BT wholesale.

I've sent this over to one of my faults colleagues to contact them again today and progress this along ASAP.