Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with user name, account name.

Stringwalker
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

Re: Help with user name, account name.

I think I got the pro add on firewall free at sign up, but not sure, and I don't understand failed payment.
I will have to rely on the routers firewall. If you could recommend a good replacement or inbetween router that I can buy that can be configured with the usaul settings that would be appreciated.

Again could you kindly explain how to reset my NAT setting, thanks
Stringwalker
Rising Star

Changiny my IP is necessary, it's not just something I'm worried about.

I also have to reset my password everytime I sign into my plusnet account so my email could also be compromised, so I have a lot to sort out but appreciate your help.
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

No problem, the ProAddon isn’t a firewall, it’s explained in the article here https://www.plus.net/help/broadband/about-plusnet-pro-addon/

Failed payment is if you ever miss a bill or don’t pay we’d add a static IP on the account again though it’s just due to the way our failed billing process works internally.

I can’t recommend a replacement router or explain how to change your NAT type but other people on the forums may be able to assist with that.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Stringwalker
Rising Star

Thank you for your help, hopefully the router reset will fix any changed system settings and or any malicious code or hacking is the reason for the problems.

I will ask on the forum about a suitable replacement router, as the hub one is just to old and open to security breaches, if any will work, thank you.