cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with connection dropping in and out

patti
Grafter

Help with connection dropping in and out

Hi, need some help please, using a Plusnet router. Speeds are down to practically non existant. All devices cutting in and out frequently. Have powered off and powered on router. Reconnected but still very erratic. 

8 REPLIES 8
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 254

Re: Help with connection dropping in and out

@patti I see this appears to be a repeat of previous problems - none of which I can see you acknowledged as fixed, despite being asked to confirm that remedies offered and applied by PN staff had resulted in an acceptable conclusion.

I'm not an expert with regard to FTTC connections, but looking at a couple of your earlier topics, it appears that the connection as far as your router - where PN's responsibility ends was fine. This points to problems within your home environment, which can be tricky, if not impossible for other community members to resolve.

John
patti
Grafter

I thought I had acknowledged a fix.. so apolgies for that.  Can a test be run by PN to verify the problem I am having today? It seems I am not the only one. My router is  Plusnet. My speeds are extrememly low and my devices and smart tv are dopping in and out frequently. I had an Engineer out last year and he fixed the problem so I don't think it's my end. 

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 254

As I said, I'm nothing other than a customer, so can't help with your test request - I'm afraid you'll have to wait for a staff member to pick this up.

John
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Thanks for your post @patti 

I'm sorry for the problems with your broadband connection. I tried to call you today about this but there was no answer. I've tested your line and the tests are showing a high resistance fault but we can't see definitively what's causing the issue.

To investigate further we'd need to first go through some troubleshooting with you. I'd recommend connecting your router into what's known as the test socket found behind the faceplate of the master telephone socket, explained Here as this should rule out any internal wiring from affecting your broadband connection that may be causing the issue.

If you're still having issues, we'd need to arrange an engineer visit. Could you reply to the ticket Here with when you'd be available? We'll then book the appointment as soon as we can.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
patti
Grafter

Hi Anousa, I have replied to your email. The speeds are ok now, the problem seems to have rectified itself. Iwill keep an eye on it and if I have any further problems, I will be in touch.

Many thanks

Pat

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Hi Pat, 

We're still seeing a high resistance fault which can generally be intermittent in nature so I'd still recommend going through the above diagnostics. With regards to the email you've sent I'm afraid that we don't have an email address for support queries. If you've emailed support@plus.net you'll likely have received a bounce-back.

If you have further issues, feel free to reply to the ticket through your account online and that'll come back to me.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
patti
Grafter

Hi Anoush,  I will carry out the faceplate diagnostics and keep an eye on it. I will let you know what happens in due course.

Many thanks

Pat

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Hi Pat, no problem. Let me know how it goes.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet