Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with G.INP questions

FIXED
cukooltd

Help with G.INP questions

Hi,

1) Can support please tell me the profile of my line, and if G.INP is enabled?

2) I'm using the Plusnet Hub One - does this support G.INP?

3) Should I consider switching to an unlocked HG612? I'm on a Huwaei cabinet

Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4
adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 113

Re: Help with G.INP questions

Fix

Hey @cukooltd

Thanks a lot for getting in touch.

G.INP is a setting which DLM will apply to your broadband profile automatically, though it needs to be enabled at your local cabinet. When running tests on your line, we look for "Retransmission", if this is set to high, then it's likely that it's already enabled. Saying that, it's not something we can manually adjust on our side.

I've tried to run tests on your line but haven't manaed to find it through your Community profile, so feel free to send me a PM with your account username and I'll get back to you.

In terms of the Hub, it does support it, as it's coming straight through via Openreach's DLM profile setting.

Adam
 Plusnet Help Team - Leeds
cukooltd

Thanks Adam, have sent PM 👌
Edinburgh_wg
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

1) profile is usually 17a. However, some lines are 35b. Yours is likely to be 17a, if your speeds are 80/20 or less.

2) plusnet hub supports g.inp and vectoring

3) some say that if you're on Huawei, then you should use a Broadcom based router. Plusnet Hub has an Infineon chipset, which is also found on ECI cabinets.

It made no difference to me whether I used an Infineon based modem on my Huawei cabinet, though some coped better than others. I've read somewhere that with Infineon, you get better handling of problematic lines, which mine is.

The unlocked modem you're referring to is good for monitoring stats. So, if you're into that kind of thing, then you should consider it. Another contender is a Zyxel 8924 but only available on eBay now.
cukooltd

Thanks, I'll maybe give the HG612 a try and see.

The main thing that's troubling me now that I think I'm seeing max speed for my line is the fact the connection drops every day or two. Might try the Huawei to see if it's more stable. I'm not using the wifi on the Plusnet Hub One anyway as I'm using an eero setup.

Cheers!