Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with Fibre speeds

DoctorPunkRat
Hooked

Help with Fibre speeds

Hi, 

For months now our connection has been awful, frequently dipping to just 2 down and 0.5 up, it'll stay like this for hours until we reset the modem. I have replaced the modem with a TPLink one thinking it was the plusnet router but it's still doing the same thing. I thought the modem might be struggling with too many wireless connections but the same thing happens with wifi turned off and on a wired connection.

Can anyone at plusnet take a look? 

FGT8ITI

5 REPLIES 5
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Re: Help with Fibre speeds

Thanks for your post @DoctorPunkRat

I'm sorry to see you're having issues with your fibre speed. 

Running a line test is showing what's known as a bridge tap which is generally a wiring issue. Is your router plugged into the master telephone socket with no extension cabling between the socket and the router? 

If that's the case, could you raise a fault to us at faults.plus.net and in the notes box at the end, please add your availability for an engineer visit to investigate further. The available timeslots are weekdays (and occasionally Saturday's) 8am to 1pm, or 1pm to 6pm. This means we'll be able to arrange an engineer straight away once we've picked the fault up.

Feel free to post back if you need further help or once you've raised the fault and we'll be happy to make sure that is picked up as soon as we can. I've also noticed that we hadn't automatically changed your account to fibre our side when your fibre order completed, so I've changed it across now. This wouldn't have affected your service itself though.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
DoctorPunkRat
Hooked

Thanks, yes it is plugged directly into the incoming line without an extension, I have raised a fault as suggested!

Raised the support ticket, thanks @Gandalf 

adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 113

Hi @DoctorPunkRat

Thanks a lot for getting back to us and for raising the fault on your account. just one more thing if that's okay, please can you pop a comment on the open ticket advising when you'd be available for an engineer appointment?

Once you've done that, respond to this message and I'll get this picked up as soon as instead of waiting for our Tech Support team to action the account.

Adam
 Plusnet Help Team - Leeds
DoctorPunkRat
Hooked

Hi,

Thanks, updated the ticket.

adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 113

Great sdtuff @DoctorPunkRat Smiley

That's all been sorted for you, I've also sent you confirmatory email, and have updated the open Ticket on your account. Let us know how you get on after the appointment and we'll be happy to follow up if needs be.

Adam
 Plusnet Help Team - Leeds