cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help move from talk talk to Plus net terrible fibre speeds

mrdjmo

Help move from talk talk to Plus net terrible fibre speeds

HI All,
New customer moved from Talk Talk fibre large getting 68mb down and 19mb up without any issues.
Details of connection
Upstream Downstream
Current Rate (Kbps) 19999 70300
Max Rate (Kbps) 27887 69706
SNR Margin (dB) 15.2 5.8
Line Attenuation (dB) 18.1 15
Errors (Pkts) 0 0
Fibre switched today to plusnet and I'm struggling to get over 10mb, file attached.#
Details of exchange:
Postcode:
Phone exchange:
PONTYATES
Estimated line speed:
68Mb (Download speed could vary depending on line conditions. Estimates are the maximum speeds that your phone line can support. These speeds are dependent on the package you choose.) - Checked on 2015-09-23 17:04:43
Current line speed:
78 Mb
Can anyone help? I know fibre can take some time to settle in but a 60mb loss in connection speed day one seems strange, also I didn't have any issues with talk talk when I went to them originally.
Any help would be appreciated.
All speed tests done on Ethernet connection.
Thanks
Dan
3 REPLIES 3
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Re: Help move from talk talk to Plus net terrible fibre speeds

Are the speeds still slow outside peak time?
If it's only peak time, when it is slow go to http://usertools.plus.net/@gateway and note which gateway you are on. Then go in to your router, disconnect, wait half a minute and connect again, then check if you are still on the same gateway. You may find the issue goes away, especially if you get on to a gateway where the name begins ag rather than bng.
See http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,140851.0/topicseen.html
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
PeeGee
Pro
Fixes: 3

Quote from: spoon
You may find the issue goes away, especially if you get on to a gateway where the name begins ag rather than bng.

In the relatively recent past I would have used the reverse of that statement. However, since 13 Sep, I have been on ptw-bng01 and pcl-ag06 and SK tests give a consistent 35.5/37.5 (toggle pattern) with the odd single point drop - nothing below 31 since 1 Sep (pcl-bng01).
A quick check shows 35.5/37.5 from 1 Jun to 3 Aug, then drops as low as 19 until 3 Sep (most drops on "bng"), then as described above on mixed bng/ag.
edit: all the drops below 31 were on pcl-bng01
Phil
Plusnet FTTC (Sep 2014), Essentials (Feb 2013); ADSL (Apr 2009); Customer since Jan 2004 (on 28kb dial-up)
Using a TP-Link Archer VR600 modem-router.
mrdjmo

Thanks you for the replies connection has been restored this morning must have been a DLM issue.